1989 Evinrude 40 HP stuck on trailer tabs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam_mac84

Reaction score
Picked up a new tin boat (alumacraft super hawk XL). Motor tilt needs fluids and air ran out of it. It is resting on the trailering tabs. I cannot get the weight off of them to get the motor down. I think there must be pressure in the cylinder that I cannot overcome.

There is 2 seals on the back and one hex underneath. Is the hex under related to the cylinder fluid? I am going to pick up some fluid tomorrow but figure I need to get things freed up before I can go much further.

I did find the pressure release valve. Hidden behind the bracket. I will unbolt the base of the tilt trim to swing it out and see if letting pressure off helps. Still stuck on those safety tabs for tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I can get the motor down and access decompression screw. But only when I take the T/t fixing bolt out. If that is in the unit will not let me raise the motor enough to get the motor on the trailer tabs. Making it difficult to do the fluid fill process.

It feels like a spring or it’s pulling a vacuum when at the top of its travel. I have opened the fill and drain ports as well as the decompression to see if it would free up. But no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts