1992 Polar Kraft MVT-1751 with a 1992 Evinrude 60 HP…my first tin boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye Capt’n … Steady as she goes

I’m sure Thill has read this thread, because he has commented along the way.

After studying the pic I posted more, I believe I can simply raise the assembly until the roller sits under the eye fitting. That will raise the winch making a straighter pull.

It’s free to loosen the nuts and try a different position, so that’s what I’ll try.

On another note. Should the transom be lined up with the end of the bunks? Or is it ok to have the back of the boat past the ends of the bunks a few inches? Right now the transom is even with the bunks.

Attachments

• 49857DB3-CF66-4AB3-B557-2681A6ACBB22.jpeg
    49857DB3-CF66-4AB3-B557-2681A6ACBB22.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Aye Capt’n … Steady as she goes

I’m sure Thill has read this thread, because he has commented along the way.

After studying the pic I posted more, I believe I can simply raise the assembly until the roller sits under the eye fitting. That will raise the winch making a straighter pull.

It’s free to loosen the nuts and try a different position, so that’s what I’ll try.

On another note. Should the transom be lined up with the end of the bunks? Or is it ok to have the back of the boat past the ends of the bunks a few inches? Right now the transom is even with the bunks.

The transom should be 100% supported by the bunks. The transom should not hang past the end the bunks. It is very normal for the bunks to extend 1/2' - 1" beyond the transom. I would shift the bunks back an inch.