1993 Bass Tracker Pro 17 Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow i find it hard to believe thats my first post lol. Anyway i didnt want to sound like an *** but i would hate for you to put it in the water after all that work if not. It looks awesome and well done. Nothing like a boat you restored yourself to a thing of beauty.

Dtbrake:

That's why I love this forum. I had never even heard of Shark Hide before. I have tested a couple of other "Aluminum shine protectors" and I haven't really been too happy with the ones I have tried. A couple of them just made it less shiny, and one of them seemed to be putting tint scratches back in the surface so I kind of just gave up and figured I would just have lightly buff once in a while... Have you used the Shark Hide before, and if so we're you happy with the results?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Wish i had pictures of a buddies boat we did two years ago havnt touched it since still looks great. learned about it from some semi detailers who swear by it. You have to follow the directions to the T but it is by far the best sealer iv ever seen. Its a time consuming process but after going this far i dont think you will mind to much. Youv already done the hard part but if it goes in the water before its sealed you will be starting all over. Detailing boats sucks and i always recommend people take the extra time or money to have it done.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eoEtJFzcREs

Basic video of what all is involved. There website also has some pictures and i can vouch for the pictures. If you miss a spot you can really tell how well this stuff works, and trust me you do not want this to happen be thorough. Also applying to much can leave you a somewhat raindow effect. It can be a real B but in the end its very worth it. Iv herd from some people it last 4 years. And it holds up well to road salt so i would assume they are not lying. However you and i know what assuming gets you.

www.sharkhide.com

man looks great !!!!!

I put some led strips on last summer , love them , but them suckers are super bright! I mounted mine on the underside of the gunnels facing down toward the deck , even then they are BRIGHT at night 8)

I'm in the long process of restoring my 1989 Pro 17. I haven't done very well keeping up on the site and posting pics but I will try to get back in the habit. What LED's did you guys use? I'm wanting to do something similar and soon as my first tourney is 3/15. Yikes!!

jkitchene said:
I'm in the long process of restoring my 1989 Pro 17. I haven't done very well keeping up on the site and posting pics but I will try to get back in the habit. What LED's did you guys use? I'm wanting to do something similar and soon as my first tourney is 3/15. Yikes!!
I posted a reply on your thread jkitchene , as I had a question for you also.

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions!

As for the LED 's, I just went with some from Bass Pro that were on sales over the holidays. Probably not as good as the Bluewater ones on here as a sponsor, but I already had them before I saw the Bluewater ones...

Trackerpuzzle: I noticed you have blue colored ones as well. Do they draw a lot of bugs?

DarynCashmark said:
Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions!

As for the LED 's, I just went with some from Bass Pro that were on sales over the holidays. Probably not as good as the Bluewater ones on here as a sponsor, but I already had them before I saw the Bluewater ones...

Trackerpuzzle: I noticed you have blue colored ones as well. Do they draw a lot of bugs?

Yep !! I got mine on sale at Bass Pro also , they are the white and blue switchable ones . The blue seemed a little bit better but not much , I would turn them off while fishing and just let the bugs swarm my stern light . Worked good for, me but not so much for my fishing buddies :LOL2: I mainly just use them for loading and unloading my gear , and they look cool sitting at the dock . One thing I would like to do is either do a 3way switch to control from the bow and console , or just have one to turn on/ off from the bow its' kind of a pain getting up and down from the front deck to switch on/off while fishing.

Really like what you did with the console. I was worried about how mine will turn out but I cant see myself spending $400 to buy one that might not fit. Really nice work so far.

Impressive work there!

What did you get at WOT with the 25 hp at the back?

I have prepared to work on a Sylvan 1750 pro bass in the Spring and the hull is very similar compare to yours and would like to know if the 25 will give you decent speed.

Bigsho69:

Thanks for looking at the thread. I totally agree with you on the new console. I was looking at we ones in the $300 - $500 range and did not see any that would fit without some modification. Some way more than others.

On one hand, some of the new consoles were smaller. Good for more deck room... Bad if you like to store life jackets under there.

The console was way easier to refinish than I thought it would be. Good luck on yours if you decide to refinish. :D

spcamno said:
Impressive work there!

What did you get at WOT with the 25 hp at the back?

I have prepared to work on a Sylvan 1750 pro bass in the Spring and the hull is very similar compare to yours and would like to know if the 25 will give you decent speed.

What's the saying... built for comfort, not for speed. :LOL2:

WOT is a mind numbing 21 mph... Maybe 22 now that I have all of the junk off the bottom.

I have thought about a bigger motor, but there is a 25 hp and below lake very near where I live. Didn't fish that lake at all last year, but hope to this year.

I would definitely recommend a bigger motor if you want to get there before lunch. LOL

I need to fix some of my bear coat on my boat. ( Tracker factory coating) I may try the stuff you have. Looks good.

Daryn,

Very nice build, I wish I was as far along as you because it is about time to get on the water. What seats did you use? They look really nice and I'm planning to order some very soon. Thanks

jkitchene said:
Daryn,

Very nice build, I wish I was as far along as you because it is about time to get on the water. What seats did you use? They look really nice and I'm planning to order some very soon. Thanks

Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys! It is finally getting close. Just need to plumb the new fuel tank and do all of the decals. Been busy with work and haven't had a chance to finish yet...

Anyway... boat seats... Got them from Bass Pro. They are a brand new seat for them. I got them on sale for $45 each which I though was a very good price for this quality of seat. They have blue, gray, and red, all with gray trim. I am not sure if that was as sale price, or regular. I didn't buy them that long ago. If it was a sale they might still be at that price.

Well everybody, I am getting really close to finishing this one up. I hope it warms up around here enough to go fishing soon. I am sure that would get me to finish up my punch list faster!

Anyway, have all ready got these decals made, and wanted to get some of your guys opinions on whether you think the "All American Edition" thing is too cheesey. At first I thought it would be cool, and all my friends says they like it, but I am wondering if they are just saying that to not hurt my "wittle feewings". :LOL2:

My thinking was, that I wanted something that if you looked at it, you might think for a minute that it might be a factory decal, but you are also thinking that you (probably) have never seen one before that is just like it. So, is it custom or some rare factory model. Maybe a bit of a conversation starter. Us old guys love to answer questions about our boats. I get to meet some really interesting and cool people that way.

Anyway, I would love to know what you think before I stick 'em on...

Attachments

• 20150206_193344.jpg
    20150206_193344.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,550
  • 20150206_193407.jpg
    20150206_193407.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,550

Latest posts