1993 Bass Tracker Pro 17 Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks good. For sure will stand out from all the other trackers at the lake . Good thing is it is a decal , so if you decide you want to change it later you can just remove and replace :)

Thanks for the input guys. It looks like I am going with the decals. We should have some nice weather this weekend, and with a little luck, I can get most everything done. I will post photos when it is done.

DarynCashmark - Do you know the exact makeup of the factory console? It seems to me to be a fiberglass body wrapped with I'm guessing vinyl?? Mine is all cracked to hell n back and I'm about to start on it tomorrow. Did you simply fiberglass over what seems to me to be vinyl? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx bud

JMill:

Sorry, I didn't notice your question earlier...

I am pretty sure it is either solid fiberglass with a textured finish, or maybe fiberglass with some sort of hard coating as the textured finish. I was able to just patch the cracks on mine and then sand it down and then sprayed with the bed liner. I just used the bed liner to help cover the repairs on the cracks etc., as there was no way I was getting all that texture off... :D

I'm redoing the same boat, same year model. Would you expand some on how you did the console? Would it have turned out just as well by just sanding and spraying with the coating?

Looks outstanding by the way. Just starting on my redo.

I started on my console a few days ago and all I'm basically doing is putting a thick coat of fiberglass resin over the entire console and using mat to fill a few small holes and the old school fish finder hole. I'm going to sand it all down pretty smooth and come back with something that'll hide a lot of my poor fiberglassing skills. haha. Be it bedliner, a flat colored paint, plastidip? I still haven't made my mind up yet. This fiberglassing isn't as bad as its made out to be though, you just need a bit of patience

DarynCashmark said:
JMill:

Sorry, I didn't notice your question earlier...

I am pretty sure it is either solid fiberglass with a textured finish, or maybe fiberglass with some sort of hard coating as the textured finish. I was able to just patch the cracks on mine and then sand it down and then sprayed with the bed liner. I just used the bed liner to help cover the repairs on the cracks etc., as there was no way I was getting all that texture off... :D

I think it was some sort of vinyl. I went over it with 60 grit and poured the resin to it!!

Ole big: I think it would have turned out pretty good without the bed liner, if my console would have had a smooth surface, but there was no way, that I knew of, to duplicate the texture. I just decided to cover it up, and I think it will be better in case it needs to be touched up later on.
I have some of the process shown on my build thread. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I will do my best to answer them. Just remember that I am not really all that experienced with fiberglass repairs. In fact, this was my first time ever doing it. That's the main reason I went with the bed liner was to cover up my repairs. :D

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by my build thread to check it out. I really appreciate all of the comments and suggestions. It has been a journey. It was a lot of fun, a lot of work, and I really learned a lot too. This forum was an invaluable asset, and I don't think I could have have finished many of the aspects of the build without information that I found here.

Well... it is finally done, and I actually took it out to test everything earlier this evening. No major trouble... Time to fish!!!! :D

Attachments

• 20150331_190112.jpeg
    20150331_190112.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 20150331_190040.jpeg
    20150331_190040.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,827
Thanks for all of the comments guys. I really appreciate all of the suggestions too!

Thought I might add some more photos of the last few decals that I finally got added and thought I would show a pic of my awesome "trolling motor chauffeur". My granddaughter loves to drive the Terrova! I like it too! She is actually really good at it and it let's me concentrate a little more on fishing. LOL We didn't catch anything that day, but we both had a blast. :D

Attachments

• 20150411_164801.jpeg
    20150411_164801.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 1,578
  • 20150405_112331 (1).jpeg
    20150405_112331 (1).jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,578
  • 20150405_112429 (1).jpeg
    20150405_112429 (1).jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,578
  • 20150405_112259.jpeg
    20150405_112259.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,578
OK Daryn, let's talk decals. Need your source and price. Get my Pro 17 back from the carpet guy today. :)

Ole big. PM me and I can give you the low down on the decals. It was a buddy of mine that normally does not do boats, but I can ask him if he would be willing to do another one. It was a custom design, so you could get something to look like get whatever you want. I have noticed a bunch of "Factory" decals for less money on some websites and eBay as well... :D

I am building a boat just like yours right now. How much carpet did you need to do the entire boat?

I paid to have the carpet done, so don't know about qty.

Paid $850 for top grade carpet and installation.

Latest posts