1993 Bass Tracker Pro 17 Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jparrishbt said:
I am building a boat just like yours right now. How much carpet did you need to do the entire boat?

Jparrishbt:
I ordered a 6.5 ft. X 25 ft. chunk and got a little nervous towards the end, as it was REALLY close. I carpeted some stuff that I am not sure everyone else would, like inside of the console base, and some of the storage. Just be sure to plan all of your cuts and mark the direction of the carpet "grain" so that it all matches in the sunlight. Not a really hard job, just time consuming. Good luck!:)

Ole Big said:
I paid to have the carpet done, so don't know about qty.

Paid $850 for top grade carpet and installation.

Ole Big:

Looking back, I should have gone your route. If I value my labor at $5 an hour, it probably cost me over a grand to do it myself. But if I would have had someone else do it, I would not be able to show you every single place the carpet job is screwed up... Ha ha! :LOL2:

DarynCashmark said:
jparrishbt said:
I am building a boat just like yours right now. How much carpet did you need to do the entire boat?

Jparrishbt:
I ordered a 6.5 ft. X 25 ft. chunk and got a little nervous towards the end, as it was REALLY close. I carpeted some stuff that I am not sure everyone else would, like inside of the console base, and some of the storage. Just be sure to plan all of your cuts and mark the direction of the carpet "grain" so that it all matches in the sunlight. Not a really hard job, just time consuming. Good luck!:)

I just got my 6x25 ft roll and I have to say it does not look like enough. Hopefully sunday I will really buckle down and get some work done on the decks and flooring but I am in Yuma and it is 110 outside so I am kinda doing the compartments and decks in the nice A/C. I might go out and cut the wood early in the morning then just apply it when the sun goes down again.

DarynCashmark said:
Ole Big said:
I paid to have the carpet done, so don't know about qty.

Paid $850 for top grade carpet and installation.

Ole Big:

Looking back, I should have gone your route. If I value my labor at $5 an hour, it probably cost me over a grand to do it myself. But if I would have had someone else do it, I would not be able to show you every single place the carpet job is screwed up... Ha ha! :LOL2:

I considered installing the carpet myself, but I know my limitations on patience. Plus with 3 acres to mow, a job, grandson...not a chance.

Very inspiring restoration build! Love what you've done with the rig. Would love to comment more but I'm at a loss for words. This build was the main reason why I signed up here. Subscribed for reference when I tear down and rebuild my 92 Pro 17.

Thanks Wyatt. I enjoyed redoing it. Still runs like a top. If you need any info let me know.

Wyatt: Just checking to make sure I am posting on the correct thread... ;) Thanks very much for the kind words. Can't wait to see some photos of your project! I hope the boat building gods smile on your project, and everything comes in under budget!!!

Ole big: That rig is looking great bud! I hope it is catching more fish than mine is so far this year!!! :)

So... fellow tinboater's... I have a question for anyone with 40-60 motors on a 16'-17' boat... What kind of top end speed are you guys getting? I am not sure how bad it is yet, but the 'ole 1993 25 horse may have just breathed it's last breath yesterday. May be looking at a new motor, and would like to know what kind of top end speed to expect to see if I can justify the bigger bucks on something larger than my 25 hp Evinrude... Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a 40 Johnson on mine and with an additional 350 lbs in the boat, ill push right at 30 mph. My prop is also all chewed to heck but I've got another in the mail. I'm hoping with the new prop to gain an extra 2-3 mph.

Ole Big said:
We get about 35 mph with 600 lbs of lard arse in mine.

Ole Big: That's way better than my 19-20 mph at WOT with the 25 HP that was running well... I apologize if you already stated somewhere else, but how big is your motor? Thanks for the helpful info!!! :)

Wyatt said:
I've got a 40 Johnson on mine and with an additional 350 lbs in the boat, ill push right at 30 mph. My prop is also all chewed to heck but I've got another in the mail. I'm hoping with the new prop to gain an extra 2-3 mph.

Wyatt: 30 would be pretty nice compared to the 19 - 20 MPH I was getting with my 25HP. I would be pretty happy with 30 MPH. I am thinking about a bright shiny new 4 stroke. The only trouble I have had with this boat has been with the motor. (Really about the only thing that I did not replace or refurb) As this is the second time I have had to troll back from the far side of the lake, the wife even gave the go ahead, (She really is pretty awesome) but, I am getting freaked out looking at new outboard prices!!! It figures... I even took this week off to go fishing... :cry:

Awesome work. Love the decal. Looks too pretty to fish.

Of course I fish some tree choked lakes and rivers, I'm betting yours is a little more open.

Great job.

DarynCashmark said:
Wyatt said:

Wyatt: 30 would be pretty nice compared to the 19 - 20 MPH I was getting with my 25HP. I would be pretty happy with 30 MPH. I am thinking about a bright shiny new 4 stroke. The only trouble I have had with this boat has been with the motor. (Really about the only thing that I did not replace or refurb) As this is the second time I have had to troll back from the far side of the lake, the wife even gave the go ahead, (She really is pretty awesome) but, I am getting freaked out looking at new outboard prices!!! It figures... I even took this week off to go fishing... :cry:
If you would be happy with 30ish I'd say a brand new 40 would be the way to go. You could always look for a used 60 for maybe a little less and that oughta put you in the mid to upper 30s.

Also sounds you caught one heck of a woman as well. Please don't throw her back....... Or if you do, send me some coordinates so I can fish for her [emoji23]

DarynCashmark said:
Ole Big said:
We get about 35 mph with 600 lbs of lard arse in mine.

Ole Big: That's way better than my 19-20 mph at WOT with the 25 HP that was running well... I apologize if you already stated somewhere else, but how big is your motor? Thanks for the helpful info!!! :)

Oops! Mine is a 40 hp.

huntinfool said:
Awesome work. Love the decal. Looks too pretty to fish.

Of course I fish some tree choked lakes and rivers, I'm betting yours is a little more open.

Great job.

huntinfool: Thanks for your positive comments. It was a little too nice to fish out of... for a while. Solved that a couple weeks ago when my son-in-law and I went night fishing and got swarmed by Mayflies right after sunset, immediately followed by a torrential downpour that came out of nowhere. If I would have know I was going to end up with a new layer of "Mayfly carpet" I could have saved some time and trouble... :LOL2:

Wyatt said:
DarynCashmark said:
Wyatt said:

If you would be happy with 30ish I'd say a brand new 40 would be the way to go. You could always look for a used 60 for maybe a little less and that oughta put you in the mid to upper 30s.

Also sounds you caught one heck of a woman as well. Please don't throw her back....... Or if you do, send me some coordinates so I can fish for her [emoji23]

Wyatt: Thanks for weighing in on the speed vs horsepower discussion, and yes, I plan on keeping the wife as long as she will continue to put up with me, but I will send you the coordinates if she decides she has had enough. :LOL2:

Latest posts