1999 Tracker Super Guide V-14 Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troutman3000 said:
dyeguy1212 said:
Yeah, it hasn't done much for me. I'm curious to try the deep creep stuff you spray into the cylinder, but the gas additive did nothing for me.

Sounds like a carb problem but if I can use a cleaner that would be better thatn rebuilding the carbs.

Was that the correct quote? I fail to see how you can diagnose an unmentioned problem when all I said was that it didn't do much for me :lol:

dyeguy1212 said:
Troutman3000 said:
dyeguy1212 said:
Yeah, it hasn't done much for me. I'm curious to try the deep creep stuff you spray into the cylinder, but the gas additive did nothing for me.

Sounds like a carb problem but if I can use a cleaner that would be better thatn rebuilding the carbs.

Was that the correct quote? I fail to see how you can diagnose an unmentioned problem when all I said was that it didn't do much for me :lol:

I meant mine is a carb problem....Rambling here man, tired from fishing and tired of dealing with this motor already. my bad.

Troutman3000 said:
dyeguy1212 said:
I wouldn't be running brown gas through my engine for starters

No Kidding? The top layer as I poured out the last 3 gallons was blue, then the bottom was brown. And the exhaust area around the shaft is greasy and left an oil residue behind. I think Ill try some fuel cleaner first. Anyone use seafoam in their outboards?

Thanks,

J

That's a sign the gasoline has broken down and separated into it's different components, probably has a lot of moisture in it too. If you are going to try to clean the carbs use the Deep Creep, Sea Foam is really for decarbing the cylinders and pistons and you literally have to drown the motor with it. As an additive it will help keep a decarbed motor clean and keeping a clean fuel system clean but it doesn't really do much for getting a carboned up motor clean or cleaning a dirty carb..

Best thing would be to clean and rebuild the carb(s) and fuel pump, replace the fuel lines inside and outside the motor and rinse out the gas tank good. It will save you a lot of grief in the end and would probably be cheaper in the long run than a series of half fixes. It's even more important on a motor that doesn't have oil injection because your fuel system is also your main lubrication system, if you are running lean on mixture you are also running lean on oil to lubricate the motor causing premature wear and possibly taking out a cylinder.

I have had really good luck with Deep Creep myself on 2 and 4 stroke applications. I have always followed the directions and if that doesn't work, ended up rebuilding a carb. Did wonders on my buddy's '95 Merc 65hp that had a ton of hours on it and never been serviced. Was quite a trick spraying all three carbs down. Augers, Lawn mowers, chainsaws, wheelers, I have used it on them all. It's more money than other stuff out there, but worth it to me because it actually works.

Great looking rig by the way!! Can't wait to see your mods.

I have a problem with leaks in my boat. It really started happening after the boat got washed onto shore at Allatoona but some crazy pleasure boaters. I have rebucked most of the rivets I could get to but it only slowed it down. Some of the rivets have small amounts of corrosion from the saltwater it was in before. Besides replaceing rivets would Gluv-it help at all. Im not looking to totally redo the boat since I want to get another one at some point but for peace of mind I would like to slow the leaking down a good bit. I have to run the bilge a few times per 8 hour trip which is fine but I would like a more permenant fix.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey y'all I'm a total newb but those little carbs ain't nothin to re build... personaly I would dump that old fuel, flush my tank re fill, then drop the bowl on the carb and clean the bowl be careful not to drop that jet and spring though you might just want to hang onto that rude when ya geter purrin :) :)

Latest posts