Affordable Fish/Depthfinder for a n00b to electronics......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiPikeGuy

Reaction score
We've fished the past few seasons without, and just finally figured we would join the modern age.

It doesn't have to be fancy, I don't think I need maps or gps, the biggest lake I fish is 1000 acres, but most are under 150. Water temperature obviously a must and something decent enough to show timber/etc. But I honestly haven't a clue what to look for...

I have been looking at the Humminbird Fishfinder 581i HD DI Combo for around $300 w/ a 5"screen. Good place to start? I'm so lost...... HELP PLEASE :LOL2:

I got this one its 299 and free shipping also has a lakes cards

https://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Lowrance-Elite-4-HDI-Fishfinder/Chartplotter-With-Lake-Insight-Pro-Cartography&i=778638

Hope it helps , so far I like it alot

Don't know about Bass Pro Shipping, but Gander has free shipping to the Marquette store. They also have several in stock there to check out. Dan who works there in fishing is very knowledgeable if you have questions.

If you don't need GPS look at the Humminbird 571 HD DI. I have the 581i and I have been very happy with it. It tracks satellites much better than my Lowrance 334c ever did.

Latest posts