Alumacraft 1232 Jon Boat (Miss Peach) - Complete!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why this thread got bumped back up - I've been done with Miss Peach for some a while now and had many successful outings on her - but here's an update. I just sold her late last summer for a more family friendly boat. Right after I finished working on her, we had our first baby, followed 2 years later by another. They are now almost 4 and 1.5 and I wanted to be able to take them out and fish without fear of being swamped of having them fall out. Here's the last picture I have before the new owner towed her away.

IMG_0326.JPG

I ended up upgrading to a 19' Stratos 280 SF Fish and Ski with a Johnson 150.

attachment.jpg

I got a great deal, but have spent the last few months rebuilding the transom (didn't know it needed one at the time of purchase) - learning how to do fiberglass and such along the way. It's been an incredible experience, and I'm just about done. Can't wait to get everyone back out on the water! Not sure if it's allowed, but here's the build thread on another board - since it's not a tinboat, I didn't think it belonged here:

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=652171

Bitemebaits said:
Nice little jon you had there! How stable was it with the higher seat and deck. I've read mixed reviews on the 32" boats.

When I fished by myself, it wasn't bad, but with someone else on the boat it was very sketchy. I would never choose a 32" bottom again. I just made a point of being really careful where I went and who I brought with me.

Latest posts