Alumacraft Model F boat cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Portage Chain of Lakes, Pinckney, Michigan
I have been unable to find a mooring type cover (does not snap underneath or require bungees to run under the boat) for my 14' alumacraft. It is around 52" wide, for those who are unfamiliar with the model F. I purchased what was labeled as a "model AA" cover from Meijer last year (smallest they had), but it is way too big. Either they put the incorrect cover in the box, or I just need something smaller than the smallest offered by that company. Does anyone know where to get a pre-made mooring cover for a model F? I know I could go to a canvas shop and have something custom made, but I would think there would be something out there that would work out of the box. I have seen ones that look like the "blue tarp" material on boats, but when I asked people about them, they were purchased 10 or more years ago and I haven't seen anything similar in stores or on the internet. I would like to store my boat at the dock rather than in the yard on the trailer, and I can't leave it uncovered. It has a finished interior and the electronics would get ruined not to mention boat could sink in a heavy enough rainstorm.

Thanks!

Has anyone used one of these for their small tin boat?

Covermate HD 600 Trailerable Cover for 12'-14' V-Hull Fishing Boat

I am thinking it may work. I think the one I bought was for 14' - 16' boats up to 72 or 84" wide. That was the smallest Meijer carried...

I do not think you will find and off the shelf one size fits many cover that fits the way you want it too. If you are dead set on keeping it at the dock and have a cover that fits the way you want I am betting you will have to have one made to fit.

Looks like the closest size on the cabelas rachet lok cover is 20" wider than my boat! That would probably fit about the same as the cover I currently have. If I bought a couple 5' high center posts it may take up the slack and work OK. I am suprised no one on here has ever purchased a cover for thier older narrow beam tin boat. It seems like most covers are made for the newer 72" wide v-hull fishing boats. The closest one I could find was the one I mentioned earlier, for a 64" beam 12-14 foot v-hull. I figured someone on here would have tried one of those at one time.

Maddawg, you might call around check on places that sell the rubberized canvas semi-truck covers. They'd be heavy as heck, but just about bulletproof.

I use some pieces of an old one on my tin.

Latest posts