Aluminum Boat Polish-Sealer . . . Whatever?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT2

Reaction score
Rubbed out my aluminum hull (1987 Lowe Superior 1462) to a mirror finish so now I'd like to keep it that way . . .
i.e. no water spots
Any ideas on how to easily accomplish this?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 148
PATRIOT2 said:
Any ideas on how to easily accomplish this?
... just don't use it? That should work ... :lol:

Rupp (who makes outriggahs for big offshore boats) and Woody Wax make some aluminum polish that is supposed to be the best, at least from my read of offshore boating forums. But be aware that I hear that the WW makes the surface deadly slippery to walk on, which might be why it works so well.

Shoot, It took me a couple of years to achieve that oxidized aluminum patina. I was thinking of enhancing it by rubbing ProCure nightcrawler super gel on it. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

My previous boat was a fiberglass ski boat that I wiped down, waxed, dried the seats after use, etc.

Now I have a tin that I spend 10 minutes once a year scrubbing the crud off the sides.

CedarRiverScooter said:
My previous boat was a fiberglass ski boat that I wiped down, waxed, dried the seats after use, etc.

Now I have a tin that I spend 10 minutes once a year scrubbing the crud off the sides.

That is exactly why I brought a tin boat! But I have to admit I feel just a little guilty when I see those guys with clean shiny boats at the ramp.