Anyone w/ Simrad/Lowrance unit who can measure something?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.Mike

Reaction score
Shot in the dark here. Does anyone here have a Simrad GO# XSE or Lowrance TI 7 or higher, and a set of digital calipers? I need to know the diameter of the 4-wire power cable.

My new GO7 XSE won't be here until after the weekend. I need to order a wire seal that fits the power cable. Knowing that diameter would let me get my order in today, instead of next week. Having to wait to place this order is delaying a few other projects that I have going.

I am installing the head unit on top of a waterproof box, so I can easily move it around the boat, and remove it from the boat. It is sure to be stolen, or damaged by the elements if I leave it outside, in my yard, in the city. I need to run the power cable into the waterproof box, hence the need for the wire seal.

My wife and I cannot wait to get this thing. Six months of boating and fishing without knowing so much as the depth of the water has been frustrating. The tidal creeks we fish are not mapped, and our tides can be extreme. Low tide today, -1.36 feet. High tide, 8.94 feet. That is a 10.3 foot swing in water levels!

In case anyone needs to know this in the future, for planning purposes...

For the Simrad Go7 XSE (and should be several Lowrance models), the power wire is 9/32 in diameter. The individual red and black conductors appear to be 16 gauge. The yellow and blue conductors appear to be 18 gauge. The holes in the mount are spaced at approximately 1.04 inches and 3.6 inches.

Oh yeah, and UPS delivered this thing at 10:45PM on Tuesday. They were playing catchup from our insane snowfall-- the first multi-day accumulation in the ~17 years I've lived here! 4 inches of snow, and the town shut down for 3 days.

Latest posts