Apple Ipad

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motorola xoom is also something to look into if you like the android operation system.

https://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Tablets/ci.MOTOROLA-XOOM-US-EN.alt

someone mentioned that it's "not good for speed typing" this is true especially with thick fingers. You can get the Dragon speech recognition apps from Nuance in the App store. They work great and are free

dr_beerman said:
someone mentioned that it's "not good for speed typing" this is true especially with thick fingers. You can get the Dragon speech recognition apps from Nuance in the App store. They work great and are free

Awesome! Downloading it as i type this.

Thanks!

The school has a couple of them as a test at the moment, but the administartors are the ones using them. They use them when doing walk-thrus (checking on us), and the inspection sheet is already loaded, they then "check" (touch) the appropriate boxes, then email us the completed inspection sheet. I have so many forms and other "paperwork" on my computer now, they need to buy us all an external storage device. Oh, a few (very few) students have them and are permitted to use them in class, as long as it's for educational purposes. Already caught one of my seniors playing games on his during class time. He said he was studying graphics :roll: , but I reminded him he wasn't in that class at the moment, lol. For now, it's a distraction to the regular classroom flow, because all the other kids are interested in seeing the device.

The idea itself is cool, but with it being an Apple item with Apple products and Apple software, everything is close to twice the price it should be. Google and its open source software, cheap/free apps and market presence is a much better option.

Latest posts