Assumpink - NJ - 5/26/10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
Headed out after work for some fishing and to test out my new CoPilot system for my Minn Kota trolling motor. For those not familiar with the Copilot system it basically gives you a wireless controller for your trolling motor. The only reason I got the system was because it came free as a mail in rebate when I bought my motor.
minn kota remote.jpg
I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked and how much I used it. I really used it the most setting the trolling motor on the lowest speed and slowly cruising the edge. In between casts I would make slight adjustments in direction if needed. It was much better then constantly using the foot control.

So now onto the fishing.

I started off throwing a spinner bait close to some reeds along the edge which quickly produced three 2#'s. It was a short stretch of reeds about 100 years long. After the reeds I cruised the edge of about 1/2 the lake with out one hint of a bite. Decided to go right back to the reeds which happened to be the only stretch of reeds in the lake. I ran up and down the 100 yard stretch about 5 times and managed to pick up 5 more fish all in about the 1.5# range. The fish were holding tight to the reeds to the point I would have to hit the reeds and let the spinner bait fall in the water and I can see them come out of the deep cover and hit the lure. Tried pitching a jig and worm back there but no luck. Only the white spinner bait did the trick. After fishing out the reeds I worked on some other areas, but again no bites. Wish I could have more structure they were holding to so I could pick up some more, but no luck. Here are a few pics:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

And a nice sunset
SunSet.jpg

Good job dude =D> One of NJ's trophy lakes, it holds some nice HAWGS.(early morning, evening, Buzz it :wink: )

Thanks Guys.....and yes, I saving for the big one this weekend, in fact I have been saving all year.... :lol:

Nice pics man. Directions to the lake. We should try to get the jersey boys out on the water together! :wink:

The lake is located in central jersey just north of route 195.

Click here for a google map

There are some very big fish in this lake, but it does get a lot of pressure. It's also great for site fishing in the spring. There is a huge flat that is about 1 to 3 feet of water and there are beds everywhere.

Latest posts