Attaching Side Walls to my 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMO8853

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach the wood panels to the sides of my hull. You can see that the bracing only goes half way up the sides of the boat. My current plan is to use SS screws and screw through the wood and into these braces along the bottom half of the wood. However, I want to also secure the wood up close along the gunwales because my plan is to end up building supports that tie together the floor and sidewalls to make up for the loss of the center seat. I was thinking I could use 1/2" SS screws and screw from the outside up near the gunwales and through the aluminum and into the wood. Alternatively, I could use SS 1/4 bolts and through bolt the wood along the gunwales. I'm sure the bolts would be a lot stronger, but they wont look as clean once the carpet is installed. Do you guys think that using screws from the outside of the boat near the gunwales and also screws into the bracing from inside the boat would be strong enough to hold these wood panels or would you go with the bolt option?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3765.jpg
    IMG_3765.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_3767.jpg
    IMG_3767.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 511
Use a wood nursert. Get the right length bolt and nothing will protrude.
aa16caa3afad400968e772ff03eba4c8.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

That’s a great idea! I already have those T-nuts bc I’m gonna use them to attach my seats

Use a stainless button socket Head cap screw for a clean look from the outside.
c131fb37865d87669ac9918830fdb6a5.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Latest posts