Boat and Registration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribass

Reaction score
Ok, im planning on getting an old 14' aluminum boat and just turning into a "cheap bass boat" like all of you have.. granted many of you used jon boats how well do you think a old 14 foot alumacraft boat would work with the more 'v' bottom instead of flat? im hoping just fine.

also its not registered. how do you register a boat and how much does it cost?

thanks
BB

my mod v is fine once you get used to it. probably not as stable as a flat bottom, but i like it better for when the bassboats send a 60mph wake your way.

registration is different for every state. where bouts do you call home? i register my boat in tn (nc wont register it without a title). it was 35 bucks for 2 or 3 years. in tn and nc you can re-register a boat anywhere they sell a fishing liscense. if its a first time register you have to take it to a tag office

if you get it make sure you get a notorized bill of sale

i live in a NW suburb of Chicago. Yea thanks for the help. Is it possible to make it "gas free" with this kind of boat of is it too heavy... and if so how strong of a trolling motor/s will i need? Thanks again for ALL your help. Im new and 'need' and boat :lol: but cant afford a big boat so i figured i would just mod a cheap one to get me around...

Thanks
BB

an old 17lb thrust minnkota used to power me around wherever i needed to go, but it wasnt the fastest by anymeans. i used to borrow my buddys 55lb kota that scooted us around quiet nice. you'll be fine with whatever you get, it'll still be faster than a paddle :mrgreen: .