Boat Lighting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
So i'm thinking about ordering me some lights for my boat from Bluewater. But i'm not really sure what I want. Was hoping some of you guys might post some pics of what you've done, or other boats you've seen that you like. I need some ideas, so let me see them!

You can talk to Mike at Bluewater too... he recommended green lights for me when fishing at night because white light messes with your vision. I don't have them installed yet though, but man are they bright!

russ010 said:
You can talk to Mike at Bluewater too... he recommended green lights for me when fishing at night because white light messes with your vision. I don't have them installed yet though, but man are they bright!

I'm not so much wondering about what color. More-so where exactly I want to put them. I don't really night fish a whole lot, so don't want to spend a ton on them. Thinking it would be cool to add one underneath my console, and possibly a couple in my rod-locker...not sure where-else tho. Just looking for ideas. :?

I loaded up... every compartment in the boat got a light. :D I went with the Standard Boat package with a few extras. Everything was in Blue... except the livewells and the back compartment. Below is the thread on my light mods. As Russ said, shoot Mike a PM, email or give him a call... he loved to talk LEDs.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2719

i am in CANADA,i brought mine with a guy in here just cad $2.70 each, it come with 3 lead bub in a waterproof housing with wire direct to the battery,you can buy it in series,four colour ,withe,blue,red,green.it is very bright,i test it,but i didn't install on my boat yet.

https://www.alleasy.ca/products/bv-strip-piranha-1x3/

I used to use a similar light for livewell lights but be careful what kind of led's you get. That page says those are pirahna leds which are 100% Chinese. I use CREE leds made in the USA. One of the few products "pre-manufacture" that we export and the best in the world. I think those are fine for the budget minded boater but beware of using these type of leds on stuff that takes a beating, these were designed for backlighting signs and staying stationary.

hi everyone, my name is todd, im a new member, and i have tracker grizzly 1448. i think blue leds in my boat would be cool, but not sure how many to put on a 14 foot boat. would prefer not to put holes in boat to mount them. allso i am electricaly challenged so easy install is best for me. ps this is to cool a site for jon boats.