Boat plug

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!
We have a '73 gregor with no plug. I have sent off for another one from gregor boats several weeks ago and i think i may be running out of time ( anniv fishing trip planned 6/6). The size is .6" for the plug. Any ideas of what else i might be able to use? Thanks.

I don't know what a .6 plug is but Walmart sells plugs and any hardware store will have expanding rubber plugs.

In the boating isle of most sporting goods stores you can find a wide variety of boat plugs either made of neoprene or rubber with a snap on one end so it wont come out of place. I use a 3/4 neoprene one on my boat. Generally one close to the same size as the original will give a nice tight fit. This might give you a few ideas on what the aftermarket has to offer https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10051&langId=-1&searchTerm=boat+plug If you find one that works you will have a nice backup when the factory one arrives. I hope this helps you find what you need before the trip date arrives.

A cork from a wine bottle works too. I have even used a cork Bonner and a Walmart bag when my buddy left his plug at home one night when we went catfishing (home was 2.5 hours away and Walmart was an hour away) he has used the plug I made on the ramp for several years now.

If anyone wanted to go fishing BAD enough, they would get the
standard five cent piece, the NICKLE and duct-tape the fool out
of it on the OUTSIDE of the boat.
LOL there is very little pressure on that spot while idling and sitting still
and none while on the plane.
Just make sure you have some kind of "water removal gadget" on board
prior to getting underway.
heck, even a 2" piece of broom handle whittled down to fit snugly in the hole
will work..... 3 weeks is way to long on ANY kind of boat part !!

Like I said .... if anyone wanted to go boating BAD enough
LOL DUCT-TAPE it !!

Yep, I remember one time when I showed up at the launch and no plug. Could not find it anywhere! All I had was packing tape in the truck, so I crumpled up a piece of paper, jammed it in the drain hole, then carefully taped over the drain hole. Fished all day no problem! I would just tape it if you can't find your size but I would be surprised if your local marina didn't have one.

Look for a livewell plug at your friendly neighborhood tackle shop - They are usually 5/8" or .625".