Camo bi-color bow light with clamp on bracket issue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyBob365

Reaction score
i just wanted something so i could take my boat out a lil before the sun comes out and not need to hook up a battery at the front just for the light (just got a trolling motor right now). So i checked out academy.com, it looked promisng! so i go to the store see it, and it looks cheap, but for 14 bucks its worth a try! sure enough i get home get it all ready, go to put the batteries in and nothin... since there are no directions of how to put the batteries in, i still have hope at this point. i tried the other way, then i switch both the positive to the inside then to the outside: nothing!

so ya think "at least he has the receipt!" negative... left it in my pants and is currently going through a rinse cycle!

anyone have trouble with these and made some use out of it?

I don't have one but it should be just like a flashlight.
Test the bulb,make sure it's good.
Normally the positive end(pointed)goes in first,negetive goes on the springing thing.The batteries check good?
All thats left is the switch,sometimes you may have to bend a piece of wire alittle bit,to make a good connection.
Do you have a multi meter?

nipple end of battery twards bulb

take the batterys out of them after you use it, and store it in a dry place. i left mine out for a week in rain and the insides were already rusted over. after fixin that and keeping them in the storage compartment when im not usin um, they're still workin fine

Take a pic of the battery compartment and post it. If you can't do that then go to academy with the light and tha packaging and they will take it back...they are very good about that.

Worst case buy another one and then use the receipt to return the defective one...but you didn't hear that from me.

pop it a few times with your hand, then shake it... batteries go in negative end down first, positive side up. you might have to fiddle with the switch on it a little too

Go back to the store with Batteries. Find one that works. Buy it and then use that receipt to return the broken one.

Latest posts