Carpet Glue....?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evattman

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but......
When you guys glue your carpet, do you totally cover the wood with the glue or just put some here and their? Im asking because on my last project, I just put some here and their, and it looked like it may have been bubbling up in a place or 2.

Thanks for the knowledge!

Last time I did this (it was about 15 years ago - WOW) we used a Adhesive Spreader tool.

Looked like this:

_7624_96823.jpg

As you can see - it does not coat the whole thing - leaves some small gaps so the glue can spread out

I did it about a month ago, and followed the instructions on the tub of glue and used a 1/8" knotched trowel to spread the glue over the entire piece of wood, and then rolled the carpet with a rolling pin to work it into the glue and spread the glue out. so far so good on adhesion.

used a 1/8" knotched trowel to spread the glue over the entire piece of wood as well. Also used the rolling pin ( hope my wife doesn't read this) :lol: :lol:

I also just put some here and there and ran into the same problem next time I will cover the whole piece of wood

Latest posts