Cheap Rod Mod..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
If you are like me and have some " Oldie but a goodie" fishing rods that you tend to use alot, here is a quick and easy, not to mention CHEAP mod you can try.

I know my older rods do not have a hook holder at the butt end of the rod, near the cork handle. What I have done is take a plastic zip tie and wrap it around the rod where the hook holder would normally be located, zip it down tight and snip off the tag end. Now you have a nice hook holder on your old rod :)

Post your pics if you decide to give it a try!

Nice idea - i have seen people make the hook holder with a snap swivel and some tape as well. i like the zip tie better

I have taken a small drill bit and put a hole on the trigger of my casting rods then open them up a bit with a larger bit smooth the edges and you have a hook holder..Wayne

redbug said:
I have taken a small drill bit and put a hole on the trigger of my casting rods then open them up a bit with a larger bit smooth the edges and you have a hook holder..Wayne

I have seen that before too! The guy who owns the local bait shop does that.

I'll have to try the zip tie method. No triggers on spinning or trolling rods. But part of the time I only have a snap swivel on so I still end up putting it on a guide. Might even have to learn myself how to wrap a hook holder on.

Latest posts