Connecting TM questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

authentic

Reaction score
1 - I've got a 24v TM w/2 wires, all the plugs I see for 24v are 3 wire, what do I do w/that 3rd wire?
2 - I just need a decent plug that will be hidden most of the time. It doesn't need to be pretty, just do the job. I need both the boat side and TM side of the plug set up. Can someone give me a link to a decent setup for around $20?
3 - The batteries are going to be all the way in the back of the boat, since I've added so much weight in the front already, so I need to run cable all the way back. According to the marinco calculator I found online, I think only need 8GA wire to make that 15' run in a 24v system. That's the size coming off my motor and most plugs I've looked at, so that would make life simple. Do you guys believe 8ga is okay? If I go to something like 4ga, how would I go about connecting the bigger cable to the 8ga? I don't particularly want to keep adding busbars, if I can help it.

1. Leave the extra wire alone if you are only using 24volt.

2. Gander mountain, Walmart and other palces sell them. Cabelas and Bass pro sells several different styles of plugs. It is really about what you like??

3. I would think that 8 guage would be okay but i am not a electrical expert so lets see what the others come up with.

I would use the same as is on the trolling motor, unless you are running a super long distance.