Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yeah the bite is on over here and the tides are finally decent enough , my 23yr son hes just out of the marine corp and I went yesterday caught our fair of smaller reds 18-19 inches a few trout that were all around 18" and a 34" cobia.. this is my favorite time of year.

I have been gone from the forum a while, missed out on the builds so I had to catch up. Looks really great Dave! I may steal a few of your ideas like getting my boat finished...
She is a beauty!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332653#p332653 said:
smackdaddy53 » Yesterday, 21:49[/url]"]I have been gone from the forum a while, missed out on the builds so I had to catch up. Looks really great Dave! I may steal a few of your ideas like getting my boat finished...
She is a beauty!

Hey thanks Smack much appreciated,

Glad to see you back on the forum. Yeh it sucks to count on other people. My next build "Tunnel Hull" I will buy a good welder and practice practice practice........................... :mrgreen:

I am ready to see a twin engine mod to a big tin..... :mrgreen: Say one like this with the new 557 engines........ :twisted:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 588
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332775#p332775 said:
smackdaddy53 » Today, 10:34[/url]"]
Country Dave said:
Or maybe just by a 1652 mod V with a tunnel hull and float pods............. :mrgreen:
Where's the fun in that?!? I like building stuff too much to let someone else do all the work! Haha

LOL Yeh but I've been doing projects back to back to back for at least the last 5 years. Before the boats it was customs bikes. I need a break. I'm going to enjoy this one for a while anyway and when I get board I'm probably going to do a tunnel hull and I might just by a the bare bones hull and do a few mods.

thanks for posting all your work on this one.

I have spent a few hours going through it, well worth it.

Got a few ideas from your posts.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333020#p333020 said:
BayouCajun » Today, 02:53[/url]"]thanks for posting all your work on this one.

I have spent a few hours going through it, well worth it.

Got a few ideas from your posts.

Hey thanks much,

I was able to finish the trailer today,
I ran all new wiring for the trailer lights, a single harness, with no connections/connectors. Added the guide post and LED lights. I used 1 ½ X 1 ½ square tube in 2 foot sections and PVC over the top. I had to grind the corners of the square tube to get the PVC to fit over top.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 462
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 462
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 462
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 461
I was able to get the rear floor section cut and fitted,

I've just got to rivet it down now. I'm going to trim it out with DP like I did in the front. Next task make a template for the front of the bench. I cant wait to get the Seadek on the front and rear decks, I relly thing that's going to pull it together :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 672
Sweet job on the trailer Dave and boat looks great! Been busy as hell here with my own business, working full time plus helping the better half out finishing up her Curriculum Vitae and now putting feelers out for employment in the Tampa area. I'm thinking using a head hunter is the best way to go, we emailed one a few weeks ago and their manager responded today asking for her CV. She's in a fairly specialized field and those head hunters make some pretty big money when they place someone so it's to their benefit. Time will tell, I used one way back when and they flew me all over and I ended up in South FL.

Hey thanks BB,

You need to get that all taking care of so you can start on your new project. :LOL2: Man I so wish I could retire now, so many fish so little time. LOL I've got to do another 8 to 10 with no time off for good behavior...................... :LOL2:

RBO you and me both brother. Pretty sure I'm going with the "snow camo" I think its going to look reel good and even more importantly its going to be functional.

Thanks Dave, I'm working on it. She graduates on May 3rd. Ideally well before then she will have secured a position and should that be the case, I'll be retiring around the 2nd week in April. Well once we've moved more like I'll only be working "for me" instead in LE for the state and MOST importantly, I can fish whenever the blue hell I want to. I can do business from the boat :mrgreen:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333289#p333289 said:
Badbagger » Today, 15:01[/url]"]Thanks Dave, I'm working on it. She graduates on May 3rd. Ideally well before then she will have secured a position and should that be the case, I'll be retiring around the 2nd week in April. Well once we've moved more like I'll only be working "for me" instead in LE for the state and MOST importantly, I can fish whenever the blue hell I want to. I can do business from the boat :mrgreen:

Bro I would give my left testicle to fish when ever I wanted. Going to be doing that very thing as much as I can here shortly.

Thanks Dave, it's been a LOT of work for her. 4 full time classes this semester. Up at 4:30 am and she studies till about 4pm daily if she doesn't have classes as she does today In class since 1:45 and won't be home till about 8:30 maybe. Shoot, I'm doing some work for her lol...
sshhhhh don't tell lol.... [-X [-X

And she wants her doctorate part time which will take 8 years give or take. Me, nah I'm going fishng. Worked to hard and too **** long lol

Latest posts