Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First: wow.

Second: that Yamaha makes that thing look mighty tough.

Third: awweeeeedome job Dave.

Was just looking at the pic of the boat on trailer behind the truck…sweet…

I am doing guide ons right now out of galv pipe mounted on flange, I was going to drop a pvc section over it and thought about running lights, too…

I see that you ran a bolt thru the pvc section into your upright steel post?

I was wondering if the pvc should freely turn or should be bolted into place?

I guess from looking at your pic, that bolted in place is the way to go?

Really admire your work.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333751#p333751 said:
BayouCajun » 7 minutes ago[/url]"]Was just looking at the pic of the boat on trailer behind the truck…sweet…

I am doing guide ons right now out of galv pipe mounted on flange, I was going to drop a pvc section over it and thought about running lights, too…

I see that you ran a bolt thru the pvc section into your upright steel post?

I was wondering if the pvc should freely turn or should be bolted into place?

I guess from looking at your pic, that bolted in place is the way to go?

Really admire your work.

Hey Thanks brother,

I know some guys don't through bolt them because they want them to free spool. I guess it makes sense so if you bump them when the boats going back on it just kind of roles and doesn't mark up the side of the boat. I'm ok with them being locked down. I don't want it moving with the lights on it.

I'm with you Dave, mine are locked down. Since your other thread on HP is locked, read thru it many times. I'm in agreement with you Dave and I'll leave it at that. Some very pompous folks lol. My boat is rated for a 140, I wouldn't have a problem putting a 150 on it if I felt I need it over even a bit more. Everyone has their own opinions lol. Now I wouldn't go hanging a 300 on it lol. Hell,it is plenty fast for me at 50+ with the 115 I've got and a 150 whoooaaa :mrgreen:

Hey its all good brother,

It served it purpose I hope everyone who read through it learned something, I know I did. Just kind of ticks me off when people are hypercritical hypocrites if you know what I mean. :LOL2: I think sometimes people just want to emote. Common sense is not always so common.

Funny things is there not bad guys, I guess they just need to feel like there right all the time. Heck even a broken clock is right twice a day......... :LOL2: I don't want to continues this other than to say its "My opinion you could probably go up 10/15 percent in HP without any reason for concern. Ok that's it let talk about were the fish are................. :mrgreen:

yey lets talk fishing, Dave tell me again how to wet my minnow and drag it across the bottom .. you freak you! :lol:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333779#p333779 said:
hudflat » 27 minutes ago[/url]"]yey lets talk fishing, Dave tell me again how to wet my minnow and drag it across the bottom .. you freak you! :lol:

LMAO................................................... :LOL2:

Were have you been bro, you're missing all the fun. You're fishing everyday, *******........ :mrgreen:

I'm jealous. How's the bite is it still on like "Donkey Kong" ?

yeah bite was good last week but crazy windy over here this week so I suppose I will have to work until the weekend comes.. darn

Yeh man windy as hell over here to,

We'll see what up for the weekend. I went to the boat show on Sunday, lots of nice stuff to look at and the boats were cool to............................................. :mrgreen:

you must have had on mirrored sunglasses or did your GF dump you beacuse of your puney motor and so you were alone?

Ha Ha, Hey Dave.....King of the Beach is this weekend.....I am fishing so it will be rough. Not sure what your doing but the captains meeting is thursday, one heck of a party. We fish on Saturday. The boat I will be fishing on is a 38 fountain trip 300yammys.......room room sit down, shut up, and hang on. 8)

hey bigwave looks like 10-12 winds hang on there brother , i might swing by on saturday I have a few buddies in the hunt. good luck

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333787#p333787 said:
hudflat » Today, 12:53[/url]"]you must have had on mirrored sunglasses or did your GF dump you beacuse of your puney motor and so you were alone?

LMAO no she hasn't kicked me to the curb yet, besides she likes to look at the hot girl's to if you know what I mean........................ :mrgreen:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333788#p333788 said:
bigwave » Today, 12:59[/url]"]Ha Ha, Hey Dave.....King of the Beach is this weekend.....I am fishing so it will be rough. Not sure what your doing but the captains meeting is thursday, one heck of a party. We fish on Saturday. The boat I will be fishing on is a 38 fountain trip 300yammys.......room room sit down, shut up, and hang on. 8)

Hey bro good luck, 6-8 seas I'll stick to the bay....................... [-X

Hey triple 300 isn't that over powered, be carful.................... :LOL2:

Country Dave said:
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333787#p333787 said:
hudflat » Today, 12:53[/url]"]you must have had on mirrored sunglasses or did your GF dump you beacuse of your puney motor and so you were alone?

LMAO no she hasn't kicked me to the curb yet, besides she likes to look at the hot girl's to if you know what I mean........................ :mrgreen:
That's what I'm talkin about! California style...

Smackdaddy know what I'm talking about....................... :mrgreen:

I hate the time change, ok trying not to hate :LOL2: I strongly dislike the time change,
By the time I get out of the office I’m driving home its dark. The only thing that was left to do on the trailers was to add a safety chain to the bow eye incase the winch strap breaks, that’s done. This weekend I will install the DP trim plate for the rear floor section.

Weather permitting I will take her out and run her a little more, change the oil in the Yamaha and start prepping the floor for Rhino liner. I might do something a little deferent not sure, I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

hey Stud :roll: .. i mean Dave, I strongly recommend you not doing the spray rhino liner on your floor it gets really hot. I did the same thing on my alumnium floor and I also painted off -white still was really hot on the bare feet, spend the money on the seadek you know youll like it!

Latest posts