Craigslist ad for project boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Reaction score
Boy am I tempted, but I just had my 30th anniversary and don’t want to be divorced...

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/keene-21-ft-starcraft-aluminum-boat/7204371200.html

DaleH said:
Happy Anniversary!

... hope you make it to 31-years ... :lol:

Thanks, I hope I do too! The REALLY weird thing is, I showed this ad to my wife a little while ago and she said “you should totally go look at that, we need a bigger boat.” Ummmm, OK honey!

LDUBS said:
Oh boy, I can see how that would be tempting.

I do wonder about 12" wheels for a big heavy boat/trailer package like that. I'm only guessing but seem unusual.
There are four, it’s a tandem axle, so it might be ok. I’m assuming it’s the original trailer, and these big tinnies aren’t like hauling a wood or fiberglass boat at their much heavier weight. Looks like a lot of work, but I have an open bay in my barn and winter is coming!

Dan B. said:
The REALLY weird thing is, I showed this ad to my wife a little while ago and she said “you should totally go look at that, we need a bigger boat.” Ummmm, OK honey!
Uhhhh, Dan? [shadow=blue]You had better JUMP ON THAT request![/shadow]

The Admiral said that to me 'once' and I bought this fully restored (all new divyncell honeycomb frp decks & stringers, with new transom and shot with Awl Grip) model 21A Pro-Line with a 175hp OB on a trailer for $5K not 2-weeks later. It was also rigged w/ $1,000s worth of electronics and I only added the radar and rocket launcher.

... don't hesitate, c'mon man :wink: , ... you have the [highlight=yellow]green light[/highlight]! Go for it!
21A-Pro-Line.jpg

DaleH said:
The Admiral said that to me 'once' and I bought this fully restored (all new divyncell honeycomb frp decks & stringers, with new transom and shot with Awl Grip) model 21A Pro-Line with a 175hp OB on a trailer for $5K not 2-weeks later. It was also rigged w/ $1,000s worth of electronics and I only added the radar and rocket launcher.

... don't hesitate, c'mon man :wink: , ... you have the [highlight=yellow]green light[/highlight]! Go for it!
21A-Pro-Line.jpg

You got the deal of the century, man! The one I’m looking at could easily absorb your purchase price and result in a boat not worth a quarter of yours. But... I did call. The boat was “spoken for” but nobody has shown up with cash yet. I told the seller to give me a call if the buyer flakes out. I’m not sure which outcome I should hope for right now.

Not entirely related to this thread, but it takes big nerve to advertise that you are going to commit title fraud:

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/boa/d/martelle-looking-to-buy-title-to-16/7208295517.html

nowgrn4 said:
OP, run away.
Money pit.
That is certainly the best, and only logical advice to follow. Although my eyes are both open and aware of the ludicrous amount of time and money this project would demand, I’m still quite capable of making terrible decisions. Good god, I must have the sickness...

Dan B. said:
LDUBS said:
Oh boy, I can see how that would be tempting.

I do wonder about 12" wheels for a big heavy boat/trailer package like that. I'm only guessing but seem unusual.
There are four, it’s a tandem axle, so it might be ok. I’m assuming it’s the original trailer, and these big tinnies aren’t like hauling a wood or fiberglass boat at their much heavier weight. Looks like a lot of work, but I have an open bay in my barn and winter is coming!

Of course, that makes sense. Thx.

Dan B. said:
Boy am I tempted, but I just had my 30th anniversary and don’t want to be divorced...

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/keene-21-ft-starcraft-aluminum-boat/7204371200.html
I see the ad was deleted.
Sorry to hear about your divorce.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Dan B. said:

I see the ad was deleted.
Sorry to hear about your divorce.

Lol, I missed it thank god. I asked the seller to call if the buyer flaked out, but I guess it’s now sold. Apparently someone from Maine will now be emptying bank accounts and sleeping on the couch a lot.