Deal Lake 6-8-10 - NJ

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
Headed over to Deal Lake after work today. Went to launch my boat and before I hit the water, my boat slipped right off the trailer and slammed into the concrete ramp....Ouch. Lucky I got away with only some scratches.

Fishing was slow, but it may have been because I forced myself to fish with a Jig, which I rearly do. This summer I really want to build my confidence with a jig. Managed to get a nice 3.4 # and missed two other quit bites.

IMG_3097.JPG

And some pictures just after sunset.

IMG_3101.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG

Yeah same here. After reading through some posts of a local NJ website, I saw the Pigs that were being caught with Jigs and I was hooked.....LOL.

LOL....it is huge, but I guess that's why it catches bigger fish. It was a 3/8 oz strike king football jig with a fat 3.5 inch crawfish trailer. I'd rather catch 10 small bass then no bass at all.

Thats a nice chunk man. That jig is sweet, it's got a great profile. I don't think its "too big" at all. Personally I've always fished a 3.5'' yum craw as a trailer regardless if its a 1/4 or 3/8oz jig. You'd be suprised how small some fish will bite at a jig w/ that big a profile. Just stick to it, it is a lot slower way to fish but when you start making it become an effective tactic, it'll be a go-to bait. I just got into it over the past couple years and I don't know how I didn't before.

Just a quick ex. to how small some fish'll be but hit a 3/8oz jig w/ a 3.5 trailer..Got a little greedy, didn't he? 8)
S6004188-1.jpg

LOL....I've caught tiny bass on large lures....I don't know what such a little bass is gonna do with such a large lure.

pitchen jigs and plastics rule =D> I agree wit ba8, I dont see how I didnt get into pitchen earlier.

Latest posts