DEPTH

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRUE GRIT 78

Reaction score
My Depthfinder reads 0ft all the time. Why? I am in at least 5 ft or asmuch as 35 ft.. Oh yeah the little sensor in the back is fliped down.

What make and model depth finder?

Did it ever work? Did you install it?

Sounds like you must have a bad lead between the transducer (the little thing you flip down) and the display unit - triple check all the wiring

Did you remove the plastic display sticker from the screen?? :mrgreen:

OK, now my stupid remark is outta the way, is it new/used? If new, I'd side with the Capt'n, if it's used try cleaning the transducer (which could still be bad) per instructions. Also, some (older models) need to "soak" before they'll work properly.

ST

Its an Eagle mach 3 . My coworker had it on his boat and it worked. there are alopt of taped conections in the wires . I will solder them and try it.
it has 2 wires power and the sensor. The sensor has a thick clear cable with wire braided around it. Was that just to support the wire?

I'd have to think it's a coax, and the braid is a conductor as well.....much like CATV.

ST

TRUE GRIT 78 said:
Oh yeah the little sensor in the back is fliped down.

What do you mean? That you have the transducer pointing downward? If so. that is probably your problem, it should position so it looks like a sort of triangle with the flat sides facing up and down. The metal you see at one end should point back (stren).

transducer.jpg

Latest posts