Destin, FL 10-13

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quackrstackr

Reaction score
I wasn't sure that I would go out this year since we flew down and I didn't want to ship fish back home, but my wife talked me into it (it was a hard job, I tell ya :lol: )

The tourist industry is still way down, so hardly any of the charters are going out. I made reservations on Sunday to go out on a 6 hour afternoon trip on Tuesday. Driving to the dock, I get a call on my cell phone cancelling my trip for lack of a full boat. :x I have to say, that ticked me off a little bit. I had to cancel at least 24 hours in advance or pay for the trip but they can call me 15 minutes ahead of departure and wreck my plans for the entire day with no recourse. :roll:

Since I was nearly at the dock anyway, I stopped by the charter and they tried to get me to book for the next day. I told them "no thanks, I'll find somebody that will guarantee me a trip instead of wrecking my last day of my vacation" and headed on down the dock until I found one.

Like Brine said in his thread, this year they can only keep red snapper on Fri, Sat and Sun so the bottom fishing was pretty well relegated to catching small stuff on anything under a 10 hour trip. The boat that I was on opted to stay close to shore for some trolling for kings. I don't care to eat mackerel but since someone else wanted them anyway, I figured I wouldn't object. I really want to get on a grouper or amberjack trip but it seems like it just never works out.

We did fairly well on the kings and took advantage of the bonitas before heading in as they started surfacing around the area:

100_0650.jpg

The evening view from the condo:

100_0642.jpg

Glad you got out to catch a few fish.
They look like they would put up a pretty good fight.
Nice job.

Latest posts