Dock Rash

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very interested in what real suggestions appear. I've got 2 4"×8" areas I'd like to get fixed. Lesson learned. Don't use plastic elastic tie downs from boat cover to trailer that vibrate in the wind on the highway!!

You can have your boat color scanned at a auto body paint store. Then they can exact match. They sold me a couple ounce bottle for $15. Then touch up using a method you are comfortable with.

This is exactly why I go with cheap rattle can paint jobs. Quick touch ups are easy and a can of rustoleum away!

Is this where you run into the dock or where you park it overnight ? If it's only in a small area you could consider a rectangle of this stuff as a relatively cheap armor.. sticks like forever...

https://www.amazon.com/Slip-Guard-Non-Slip-Stair-Tape/dp/B01E6O98MG?th=1

That tape is some good stuff, thanks for posting that. Lots of applications for it.

I have been using a boat bumper/fender this year to keep from scratching up my boat. With the super low water, the docks don't really match up well with my boat. So far has worked pretty good.

I recently purchased a pontoon boat, and after a few outings and dockings, I notice some small dings. I didn't want to have fenders tied to the side of the boat, but if I wanted to prevent further dings I had no choice. After shopping at the local marina and online, I found VIVOHOME Vinyl Ribbed Marine Boat Fender. The fenders were half the price of all other fenders and came with tie-down ropes.

Latest posts