DrNip's Weld-Craft 1248 - Hit 32.1 MPH!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking build man, those are some awesome speeds you're getting in a 12 foot jon boat! I bought those LED Oznium bolts because of your build.

Camp is just a time for fellow crappie fisherman to get together, fish, eat, drink and have a great time! There is knowledge to be gained from every camp. Would have loved to have gone to the Florida you speak of.

Well hydroturf came in or at least for the casting decks and back bench seat. I burnt my butt and legs numerous times last summer touching the aluminum. Won't be doing that again this year. Will have to order more for the flooring between the bench seats whenever I get some aluminum sheets ordered and cut. Really liking this stuff. Too dang cold outside to install it though.
IMG_7649.jpg
IMG_7650.jpg

DrNip:
I love your boat man! And I really dig your Hydroturf. I am just now finishing up a pretty extensive rebuild and I did not even think about it. It's especially stupid of me because I put it on a couple of my Yamaha Waverunners about 10 years ago. Come to think of it, that is probably why, I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch yesterday. :LOL2:

I think that is really awesome stuff... hooks don't get caught up in it, stays nice and cool, nice cushion, and mine has held up really well on the Waverunners.

Love to see some photos when you get the floor done.

Oh by the way, 32.1 MPH, you are just braggin' now man! I have vivid dreams of one day attaining those kind of breakneck speeds. :D

Dr. Nip,
Really enjoyed reading your thread! Really nice, clean work you have done.

Glad to see it all worked out. 32 MPH is smoking! Make sure to wear a life vest when running that fast. Hit a bump, and you might land 50' behind the boat, haha.

Thanks for posting and for putting up such good photos. Appreciated your posts on Crappie.com, too.

-TH

Phase 1 of hydroturf complete. Stuff was actually a breeze to work with. A razor knife cut through it like hot butter.

image.jpg
image.jpg

DrNip's,

Wondering where you found your mount/pole and slider you are using for your tranducer? That's set up in neat and clean. Would you mind telling me where you got it?

Very cool build! I just read your thread from start to finish and you definitely have an impressive crappie slaying rig! Great work!

From a fellow Weld-Craft owner I must say nice rigging job!

I have 2 drain tubes (5"&10") that I run in the livewell drain bung so I can cruise with less water weight or vary depth for minnows (5") or shiners (10"). Easily made with a couple of 3/4" course thread PVC fittings and a few pieces of PVC pipe. A fat O-Ring seated above the threads on the fitting makes it water tight.

Thank you!

I had to put an elbow on my drain tube. When I'm cruising it would shoot water out the tube like a whale and would leak out the top of the livewell. The 90 degree elbow redirects this water back into the livewell.

Ordered my aluminum for my flooring. Will be getting it installed quick as possible.

Well it's been awhile since I've worked on the boat and got tired of seeing the aluminum flooring laying in the corner of the garage. Cut the cardboard template, closed cell foam and aluminum sheet for the rear flooring. Used a table saw to cut the closed cell foam. Worked really well. Used a jig saw for the aluminum. Was going to originally have the flooring welded in but decided to keep it simple and just rivet it down the middle to the rib. The closed cell foam is built up high enough that the flooring will just lay on top of it. Hopefully this works. Time will tell. Also ordered the hydro-turf for the flooring last night. Should all be complete by next week.

20150705_183313_resized.jpg
20150705_183303_resized.jpg
20150705_193011_resized.jpg
20150706_211443_resized.jpg

Hey DrNip,
You might consider leaving about a 2 to 4 inch gap in the very middle of the boat where the foam is. This way larger items will drain easier... I originally put my foam across the entire floor and had drainage issues... I then modified it and left a 3 inch gap right in the middle and have had 0 issues with drainage .. the foam stayed in place too after the floor was riveted down

Lookin' good. You have the exact HydroTurf that I installed on my Weld Craft 1656 and I could not be happier

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,545
Lookin good man keep it up. I have a question, is there any supports under your deck extension? Or is it just the 1/8 sheet with the braces coming down to the rib for support?

Latest posts