DrNip's Weld-Craft 1248 - Hit 32.1 MPH!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well anyone thinking about riveting their trolling motor mount on don't. Mine is riveted and already coming pretty loose. Will have to go get it welded on this week or else chance loosing my Xi5 in the lake! :shock:

I wouln't be able to access one side of the bolt. That's why I initially riveted it. Guy up the street will weld it for me for around $20-30.

That is the way to go, whats up with that fuse box? I want to run breakers so I don't have to worry about replacing fuses.

You did a great job on the build man. Great job on all the electrical and getting all the pieces and parts put together to make everything work. I'll probably be asking for you for your help as I start my build/mod (https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35400) here in the next couple of weeks. I really like what you did with all the electrical pieces and how all that came together.

Great work.

-RLP

Thank you very much. This was my 1st time owning and building a boat.

I've been so busy working lately I hadn't got to fish much out of it this summer as I would have liked to. But cooler weather and work slowing down I'm finally getting to go chase the thump. Only complaint I have about the boat is it is quite the challenge to control in the wind. Life is a little better though since I bought the GPS for my trolling motor. At least it is doing most of the work now instead of me. Going to carpet it the 1st part of October and will have pics.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

DrNip
Its mfu5324, the guy who build the 1248 weldbilt last year....... I ordered a 1552 weld-craft with 24inch sides and when the boat came in the sides looked small so I asked the marina to measure them... they measured them and he said they were 22 inches.... he told me that boats this size typically come with 15 inch sides (wrong) and the weldcraft told him they don't build 24 inch sides for boats this size???

Well I remember that you ordered one with 24 inch sides..... can you measure your sides (from the outside) and let me know what yours measures? My email is [email protected].

Thanks

Hey Nip
Weld-Craft called me today.... they are building me one with 24 inch sides.... they said the order didn't state it. So 5 stars for Weldcraft..... How do you like your boat, have you been using it... ive been looking for updates from you but its been awhile

Thanks again for measuring your sides for me

That's great!

I've been loving my boat. Sorry for the delayed response. I was at the Oklahoma Winter Crappie camp from 2/5 - 2/8. As usual I have been working too much but have plans of cutting back some to allow for more fishing this year. I plan on stalking the crappie hard in various creeks this spring/winter. I have the elite 7 I am needing to cut aluminum for this week and have welded on so that I can mount both the finder and the transducer. I'll have pics of it up within a week. Still never got around to putting a floor in or installing hydroturf. It just got too cold out in the garage to do this. I need to get on the ball as I'm not going to burn my arse again this year!

u better get busy.... so my dad begged me for my little 1248 that we fished in all summer. He is getting older and the big 18 footer he has is getting hard to handle for him. So he and I did some trading and he is getting my 1248 and I am going with a 1552 weldcraft... a little bigger since Dad is getting rid of his big one and the kids like going. He is putting one of those new Suzuki 9.9 EFI motors on it. I cant wait to see how that pushes that little boat.....

Best of luck

1552 would be nice. I keep telling myself I should have bought a bigger boat but this one has suited me just fine. I only take to poles and a bag when fishing. I have a lot of friends with glass boats and anytime I want to fish with one of them we fish in their boat. Only complaint I have with it is in the wind and it sure seems like it was extra windy last year. The creeks should provide some relieve from wind though.

I have owned bigger boats (17 and 19ft)... my little 1248 is my absolute favorite thus far... i just hope the 15 footer isn't too big!! Those little boats with 2 guys are perfect!

Oh yeah for sure. Also love that it fits in my garage no problem with the 52" zero turn behind it.

Hey Nip - - - ( is it Nip ? or Nip n Tuck ? ) LOL

You mentioned you were at Crappie Camp.......
is that one of those things where they teach you how to target crappie ?
I am a recent member of Crappie dot com and just missed the Crappie "Slab Fest" in Florida a few weeks ago.
Hopefully, I can hit one this Spring.

Florida Slab Fest - https://www.crappie.com/crappie/con...rs-to-Crescent-Lake-in-Florida-by-Ron-Presley

gotta love those SLABS !!

Latest posts