drop shot knot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palomar_Knot.GIF

Drop_shot_rig_.GIF

There ya go, Palomar knot with a long tag end.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, I could test that out, but I will refrain.

KVD gave a little tutorial on how the tie the DS rig this weekend on ESPN. I think he tied a Palomar, then passed the long tag end back through the eyelet to tie on the weight, just like the pic ESQ provided in leiu of a thousand words. :wink:

I use the tidal drop shot rig...
it's like a dropshot on roids!!! 20lb test 7" worms and 1/2 oz teardrop sinker.. it is good fishing the grass on the river
Wayne

I never gave drop shotting much thought until I fished the northern divisional on lake erie last year. Man, I couldn't beleive how effective this method was until I tried it. After a week of doing ds'ing, I couldn't stop once I got back home. I always alway always have one or two drop shot rigs set up on my boat. Especially on those finicky bass days. The only downfall to this method is you tend to catch a lot of short fish, but when it comes to the odds game, sooner or later you will connect with a keeper. Due to the small hooks, you really have to play out the bigger fish, or you will lose them.

Pont said:
I never gave drop shotting much thought until I fished the northern divisional on lake erie last year. Man, I couldn't beleive how effective this method was until I tried it. After a week of doing ds'ing, I couldn't stop once I got back home. I always alway always have one or two drop shot rigs set up on my boat. Especially on those finicky bass days. The only downfall to this method is you tend to catch a lot of short fish, but when it comes to the odds game, sooner or later you will connect with a keeper. Due to the small hooks, you really have to play out the bigger fish, or you will lose them.

well said it is addicting but you do get small fish also