Fast and Nimble

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 400 cubic inch category we're talking upwards of 700-800 HP. Steel heads allowed and race fuel required

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !

I would get lost trying to figure out the turns coming at 70 mph! Wonder how they keep water in those ditches... :LOL2:

I've seen it on tv before and it's unreal. You should see when they don't make a turn!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=357089#p357089 said:
bnt5 » Yesterday, 20:20[/url]"]I would get lost trying to figure out the turns coming at 70 mph! Wonder how they keep water in those ditches... :LOL2:

I've read that they are only 4' in the deepest parts too.

Ranchero50 said:
That's the power of a well designed inboard jet. The hulls are literally sucked onto the surface of the water.
****, that makes sense because I think if they were prop motors those suckers would slide hard on every turn.

There is a local farmer down the road from my place about 2-3 miles. He just put is a huge "track" in one of his fields for jet boat racing. Says he will make more money renting out his track then actually farming the same field. He has 3-4 races a summer.
Yes the channels are only 4-5 ft deep at the most, designed that way so when the boats flip, and they do flip, it is easier for rescue crews to get in water.
The boats are like track race cars, good for short runs around a track, but unsuitable for regular use on river/lake for the day.
Fun rides for sure, will need to change shorts after each run.....lol