Fastest you have been in your tin boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20' G3 HP200 + Yamaha 200 HPDI = 69MPH GPS

IMG_7986.jpg

IMG_7988.jpg

I don't think I'd get much fishing done if I could go that fast. I'd be boat riding all the time. :mrgreen:

18' Duracraft with a Merc 115 fully loaded with gear, 2 adults full tank of fuel, 3 batteries 47mph on the Gps. Once i finally get it tuned in I'm gonna strip it down and see what it will do

with a garmin map 76s I have hit 16mph in my 14' mirro-craft "resorter" running a 15hp 91'sears gamefisher...and with a little chop, myself and no addons which I now have!full deck, storage lockers and etc. now I'm trying to get a 88' 25hp evinrude up and running which should be a big up grade. my goal is to be able to leave the ramp just at safe lite and get to the other end of the lake(thats where all the fish are!) before it's time to go home :LOL2: I have worked the closer spots with a fine toothed comb and now want to venture out. this site is a blast and it keeps me glued to my pc .....I gotta go and get something done. :shock:

1982 Alumacraft 17'MV with 75HP Chrysler on the Brazos River in Waco. GPS said 51 mph, co-pilot said things I shouldn't quote on here. I was impressed. So was Texas Parks & Wildlife. :(

My 1649 flat with a 1995 Suzuki 2-stroke runs a gps'd 33 mph with just me and 31.5 with 2 guys, dog, and all of our hunting gear.

I'm still running the original Suzuki aluminum prop which is badly beat up. I'm in the process of adding a Tiny Tach so I can get my true rpm's and then buy a new power tech SS prop to match the correct rpm's. We shall see. I'd like to see 35.

Our 2006 Alumacraft MV1756RR w/Merc 115/80 Jet topped out right at 40mph(factory speedo) on GLASS smooth water.35-38 on slight chop.I really need to GPS the thing to know for sure.
That's with me ,the wife, all our fishing gear and a full tank of gas.
P5180024_01.jpg

32mph on the GPS with my 14' alumacraft crappie jon. a bit scary for a tiller 14'er. Motor is a '85 25hp Evinrude with a carb off a 30hp.

fun as hell :)

Crankworm said:
I've seen 52mph on the gps in my Lund, my dad has a 21' Sylvan with a 135 optimax right after he bought it we took it out with 1/4 tank of gas and no gear, we hit 58 on the gps.

How many HP? Trying to get a feel on how fast I can expect to go on the new ride.

I'm beginning to wonder if my fish finder GPS is really accurate. I've got a 20HP on my 1546 Xpress, and it said my top speed was 17mph. I'm pretty sure it was faster than that.

Yesterday it said we were going 4.6mph, but we were throwing out more wake than I do with my trolling motors - my trolling motor top speeds are around 5mph

Don't know yet. But at WOT it will flat out get it. If you turn just a hair too much it will dig in and dang near throw you out of the boat.

45 mph factory speedo, 1900 Sylvan Adventurer 115 Evinrude FICHT. Probably could get better with a new prop

32mph tracker sportsman 16 with a johnson 40 .Motor needs to come up 1 or 2 bolt holes.Don't know if it will make a difference.

50 mph 21'starcraft mariner with a suzuki 150

99 Sea Ark 17 foot with 75 horse motor Half tank of gas 2 guys about 230 lbs. apiece and 200 lbs. of corn to bait hog holes and was getting 34.5 on GPS. Waiting to see what it will get with just me and no corn on a really calm day.

big boat on lake.jpg