First build: Tracker 1542

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knockout said:
Nice boat Tom. I had a question about ur pedastal seats. How secure are they. Do they wobble when ur sitting in them and did u just mount them directly to the plywood deck? I'm considering a 1542 myself. Great build BTW. I think I'm gonna steal some of ur ideas ;0)
Thanks, for the money you cant go wrong with the 1542. The seats are pretty secure, they dont have any wobble either although there is a small amount of play where the seat pedestal goes into the base. on the rear seat I went straight into the aluminum bench and there is some flex in the bench when you sit on it but it also did that before the seat. The front one I went straight into the deck but the frame is close to the base so its still well supported.

Tom-W said:
Knockout said:
Nice boat Tom. I had a question about ur pedastal seats. How secure are they. Do they wobble when ur sitting in them and did u just mount them directly to the plywood deck? I'm considering a 1542 myself. Great build BTW. I think I'm gonna steal some of ur ideas ;0)
Thanks, for the money you cant go wrong with the 1542. The seats are pretty secure, they dont have any wobble either although there is a small amount of play where the seat pedestal goes into the base. on the rear seat I went straight into the aluminum bench and there is some flex in the bench when you sit on it but it also did that before the seat. The front one I went straight into the deck but the frame is close to the base so its still well supported.

I've looked for this answer in other posts, but how is the stability on your rig after the mods. I guess I'm wondering particularly on the front casting deck. When you're out by yourself does the bow sit lower than the transom because of the added weight?