First LM of the year!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breachless

Reaction score
Picked this guy up flipping on a little lake outside of Cambridge last weekend:
2011-06-11_07-48-50_592.jpg

18.5" and tons of fight! Was a blast to haul in, and a great first Bass of the year. I was certain I would have the biggest fish of the day... Until my buddy hauled this one in:
2011-06-11_09-19-30_546.jpg
2011-06-11_09-19-39_406.jpg

21.5" and coming in at roughly 6.5 lbs. It was pretty exciting to be there, even if it did squash my chances of having the big fish of the day...

Zum said:
Nice fish for sure.
Looks alittle chilly there,have the fish spawned?

Thanks everybody! It was a blast. Yes, it was most definitely a chilly morning (typical Minnesota: I think 2 days prior to that we went right on past 100 degrees, and there we were fishing in hoodies, and my fingers were numb from the cold!)

I hoped we would still catch them on the spawn, but all the beds we came across were empty... obviously it all still worked out quite splendidly. I like this whole flipping thing with jigs and creature baits. Very interesting way to fish, and surprisingly effective. It makes me feel silly for ever buying into that whole notion that you have to be super quiet and stealthy when fishing bass in the shallows. It certainly helps, but your presence doesn't seem to really affect them at all: we were pulling fish up from 6 feet off the side of the boat in 3 feet of water! Nice ones too!