First sinko fish of the year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
Lately the bites been really good on reaction baits, but in the last few days the fish havent wanted a spinnerbait or a trap. So today I went out with some plastics to see what I could do. I started off drifting a fluke on a weighted worm hook, with the tail dipped in spike it. Got 3 verily small fish, they all probably woulda kept but nothing special. The bank I was fish started the get a few people on it so I moved to the other side, no sooner do I get there do I hear one of the guys that was fishing near me say the fish arent bitting and im leaving to someone else. I couldnt help but laugh to my self because in the 15 minutes he was there he watched me catch 3 fish, but think I must have jinxed my self cuz I didnt get a bite for an hour after that. After the first bank I hit had cleared of other fishermen I returned and started throwing a sinko. I forgot my bullet weight box so I was throwing it on the same weighted worm hook, and on the first or second cast I hooked into a nice one. Id guess he was right around 5 pounds probably slightly under, but my big fish of year so far never the less
4-4-09.jpg

heres a photo of the worm I was using, its my version of pb&j
pbj.jpg

That is a fatty, nice catch. I love it when people crowd your spot while you are catching fish, then you move and they can't catch anything and leave, :lol:

Latest posts