Fishing Gloves

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Not to sound like a wuss....ok I'm a wuss. Nothing was more uncomfortable than fishing with hands that go numb from the cold. During our Umbagog trip, the cold wind and the rain made it almost impossible to even depress the baitcaster button.

Im looking for thin, warm, waterproof gloves. What do you guys recommend?

I'm interested in a nice pair of gloves as well, I never stop fishing, but it's hard with one hand in the pocket getting warm most of the day! I got a bunch of those hand warmers last year, and stuck them in pockets, shoes, gloves, and they work, but once the gloves get wet, it's all over, unfortunately.

I can't find any gloves I can thumb a baitcaster with. Should I just cut the thumb off, and just have a cold thumb (better whole cold hand)
Not that it gets cold here long, but I HATE cold - would rather it be 105, than 55. In the 2 days of the year (okay, in reality, it is 2 to 3 weeks) it gets cold, I sure don't know how the heck to handle it. :lol:

I can thumb a baitcaster with just about anything, save for ski gloves, I suppose. I end up just using the jersey gloves with a heat pack in it until they get soaked, but all them fish I catch, man, that doesn't take long!

It's getting deep in here, isn't it :)

You guys are wimps! This is cold:

26_004.jpg

sale_014.jpg

Ice_fish_014.jpg

Ice_fish_009.jpg

I HATE wearing gloves. But, living in Minnesota, its a necessity much of the year.

I've tried tons of different gloves and my favorite, by far, is the fingerless glove by Simms. I wear those gloves more than any other glove I own. A little spendy and I had a hard time pulling the trigger the first time. But I love them so much, I'd pay double for them now. I've got a few pairs of them. https://www.simmsfishing.com/za/SIM?PAGE=PRODUCT_DETAILS&CAT=outerwear&PROD.ID=51840

Another good glove system for when it just gets too cold and wet to be fingerless is...

Lube up your hands with a thin layer of Vaseline. (This is an important part of the process) Then put on a pair of surgical rubber gloves. Finally a pair of wool fingerless gloves. Amazingly warm. Will keep you dry. Maximum dexterity. Honestly, you'll think its some sort of magic trick.

Everytime I have seen that 3rd pic esquired posted, I think there is a leak in the dam. :D
And yet, everytime I say something, he disputes me. I think the first pic may have cleared it up. There is water coming from it, it just ain't a leak. :D

BTW, I hate cold. It absolutely sucks. But, I am sure some of yall yankee folks would go insane in some of the heat I love. When the water temp breaks 100, is when we start havin' fun. :D

You got it right - no leak, just the only spot where the water cut a path through the ice. That day still makes me shiver, it was right around the 15* mark and the base of the dam was the only open water we could find for miles. Even the rivers had ice.

We were trying to use live bait and we woudl put a minnow under a float and toss it out - big sheets of drift ice woudl close in and cut the lines.

As we would reel in the ice would fill up the guides so that the line would jam. We had to stick the rods in the water to clear the ice enough for the next cast.

I caught that carp "bear style" it was slowly swimming in a pool at my feet so I scooped it up for the photo

Latest posts