FishOn Fabrications - 1648 Tracker Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
I haven't posted a boat mod in awhile, but as I said in the sponsor forum, I'm going to try to post a bit more often.

I've been trying to push the shop a little more towards fabrication alone, and less in the way of carpeting/accessories, but still do some complete mods from time to time.

This boat is a brand new Tracker 1648, owned by a nice fellow up in Greensboro, NC. It has a 9.9 Mercury, and is to be used for tournament fishing in smaller lakes up in the area.

DSCI0135_zps288ff8e5.jpg

DSCI0136_zps96671d50.jpg

DSCI0137_zps81a17d7d.jpg

We start out with a 27 gallon aluminum livewell.

DSCI0138_zpsf25fcf10.jpg

Then, a rod locker and bow deck extension. Rod locker has rod tubes underneath the bow deck, to hold 7.5' rods.

DSCI0140_zps02c500da.jpg

DSCI0141_zpscfbc74c5.jpg

Add some carpet, lids, and accessories, and you are good to go. In this boat, we put some 1/2" carpet padding under the deck in the high traffic areas (bow and stern deck, but not on the lids). In some angles, you can see the additional thickness the padding provides, but it does make a difference when standing on it for a good portion of the day.

DSCI0152_zpsf4e2fd4c.jpg

DSCI0151_zpsb805a0d7.jpg

DSCI0156_zps183e777b.jpg

And, of course, a trolling motor pedal tray. I don't think I've posted these yet, but new for '13, I've swapped the semi gloss black powder coat for a textured flat black powder coat. Much better look, in my eyes. I'm going to try to get these on the website very soon!

DSCI0145_zps351d14ce.jpg

DSCI0047_zpsb912f710.jpg

And, here you have the finished boat. One of these days, I'll learn how to focus the camera... :roll:

DSCI0164_zps47af194d.jpg

Dawson

This is very nice. How long does it take to complete a mod like this? I know the glass bass boats have all the bells and whistles, but I think your work looks more like a fishing boat. Great job Dawson...... =D>

bigwave said:
This is very nice. How long does it take to complete a mod like this? I know the glass bass boats have all the bells and whistles, but I think your work looks more like a fishing boat. Great job Dawson...... =D>

That one was in and out in two weeks, but wasn't the only job going during that time...

where can i get a pedal tray? never mind answered my own question should of payed better attention sorry . ok so how much are the pedal trays ?

84.99 plus actual shipping. They will be on my website this weekend. I do accept paypal, and the best way to order is to email or call.

Nice work! Never seen a Grizzly modded like that. Interested in the pedal tray myself. Just need to figure if I have enough space.

Awsome work Dawson. I think you should open a shop up here in the north country. Lots of tins up here that need your skills. Maybe I will just have to plan a vacation down there in the future to get my next boat fabbed. would be worth the trip to get that quality of fabrication done.

johnnybassboat said:
I think you should open a shop up here in the north country. Lots of tins up here that need your skills.

Too cold for my skinny bones.... Heck, I find the North Georgia winters to be a bit cold for me. Any move I make will probably be South. :LOL2:

Latest posts