fuel oil mixture

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared

Reaction score
i have a 2000 mercury 5hp 2 stroke engine. and i was wondering what the fuel-oil mixture ratio would be?\

thanks.

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the mixture should be on the motor someplace but i woud guess that the mixture is 100/1 most of the newer ones are that way..

Wayne

It is 50:1.

Most all modern outboards, from the 70s up (earlier than that in some companies) use 50:1. Now, I am not sure about some of the new DFI technologies and such, but most of the carbed motors need to run at 50:1. In the '80s, OMC put 100:1 on all their engines, but later took that back, so run 50:1 in those. I also know that some Suzukis and Yamahas say 100:1, but I would run 50:1 in those anyway (In those, it won't really do any damage to have that extra oil, and most folks that have multiple outboard brands will run those 50:1 to make it easy)

I have a Mercury 2.5 h.p 2 stroke made by Brunswick and it is supposed to be 50:1 also. Never had any problems and have yet to foul a plug.

If in doubt, remember this: the worst thing using a 50:1 mix can do is make you change your plugs a bit more frequently....If you're wrong, a 100:1 ratio can really hurt your engine.

Latest posts