Gas Tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinNC

Reaction score
Anyone know right off hand what tank would fit behind the back bench of a Lowe Big Jon 1648M? Right now I have Moeller portable 6gallon tanks. It wont go behind the bench and is in the way.

Your going to have to take some measurements of the space on your boat then compare to the listed measurements for various tanks.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Your going to have to take some measurements of the space on your boat then compare to the listed measurements for various tanks.

That's the smart way to do it, and what will likely happen, but figured somebody might know and I'd window shop on the www. before heading home lol

Might be better to just wait until you get home and make sure you get it all correct. Would hate you to get the wrong info and order something that won't fit

muffin said:
Might be better to just wait until you get home and make sure you get it all correct. Would hate you to get the wrong info and order something that won't fit

Im just window shopping. Gas tank is last on my list of things to do. I am going to measure it though. I know the old school metal tanks will fit, but Im not going back to those things. I have a long list of stuff to buy before a new tank comes into play.

vahunter said:
JustinNC said:
I know the old school metal tanks will fit, but Im not going back to those things.
What's wrong with the old school tanks?

Every one I have ever had rusted out inside and got "trashy". Constant carb problems. Switched to Moellers and no issues.

Gotcha. Just curious. Those plastic tanks have gotten ridiculous in price since the CG change. I've considered biting the bullet but my steel tank does fine.