Going to start redoing my trailer.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info on the trailer, had been busy so didn't have a chance to check back until now.. thanks!

The major difference between bunks and rollers is the way you load and unload the boat.
Rollers allow you to drive on and off in shallow water.
Bunks require you to float the boat on and off, and you need deeper water so the boat floats off the bunks.

IF your local ramps are shallow you will want to keep the rollers. BassPro sells a pair of rollers, (5' long) for less than $200.

IF the budget doesnt allow the new rollers, and you have shallow ramps, use the glide sticks. Actually the material is cutting board material. HDPE- High density polyethelene. Might be chaper to buy a large cutting board and cut it up into 1 1/2" strips to put ont eh carpeted bunks. Careful the boat will act like its on rollers, and there are stories of guys dropping thier boats on the ramp before they get it in the water. Typically they stop suddenly, and it slides off. LEave the winch strap on until the last minute, just to be safe.

As for your side guides chewing up the boat, use some of the HDPE on the uprights.

Thanks for the info Hanr. I'm going to see how things work out with just the carpet and if I need to i will ad the HDPE.

Almost got everything put back together tonight. I was one bolt short for putting my middle rollers back on.

Now all that is left to do is wire the lights back up and fix the wiring up front (it came loose one day while going down the road and beat the crap out of the 4way connector)

Attachments

• almost done.jpg
    almost done.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,079
So to make a long story short...I got mad at the existing lights that were on the trailer and then broke down and bought a set of LED lights...best decision I have ever made. Man are those things bright!

I ended up running all new wiring down the trailer.

I also put some carpeting over the mine belt on the front. Will try to get a pic of that tomorrow.

Attachments

• LEDS.jpg
    LEDS.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 997