GoPro in a boat??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
Where do you think best places are to place GoPro in boat? What's you favorite mount for in boat?
Picked up Hero3+ yesterday going to give it a shot.
Does anyone use multiple GoPro's or do you just move one around to different locations?

I don't have one as I would hate to lose the thing going down the water, but I've read where guys have mounted their go-pro's on the supplied mounts, suction cup mounts, on pvc poles in pvc rod holders, numerous ways to do it. guess it depends on your boat and how you want to use the camera, running down the water, or actual fishing, or both, etc.

I have a GoPro Hero3 as well. I have the head strap, as well as other mounts.

Believe it or not, the self-adhesive mounts are pretty tough, they don't come off, even when wet, as seen in my jet skiing video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZTSZa_n_Sc&list=UUHYpuGo2zvfQcgL2J7VdAqA

However, I would STRONGLY recommend dummy-cording the mount to your boat, using a length of para-cord.....just in case.

I picked up the float kit for it so if it come off and went in water it would not go to bottom of lake.

Not to change the subject but have you or anyone else tested the wifi range using the gopro app on a smart phone? I just started playing around with the app but haven't done any range test yet. We're getting ready to attach the camera to the underside of my buddies crop duster airplane and get some (10' off the ground and screaming) video footage. :mrgreen:

I watched a video on youtube of guys testing new hero3+ black like I purchased compared to regular hero3.
The 3+ got around 50 yrds. the reg unit got 15 yrds.
They tried it on a remote chopper but had interference and range was greatly reducer with both and did not work.

Here's link:
(around 1:30 they test wifi range)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0bGzSMr2C8

Got a pole mount and extra battery for kids for fathers day. :D
now it just has to quit raining in area so I can get out in boat and use it.

Latest posts