got a new boat today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craveman85

Reaction score
I've seen this boat on Craig's list a few times this summer. At first he wanted over 1000 for it and the other day I saw he dropped it to 500 obo I frantically arranged a time that fit both of our schedules and picked it up for 440. It needs a floor and a motor. It's a 61 alumacraft 18'. It came with the original canopy, 7 metal gas tanks, 1 plastic, and 4 sheets of marine plywood. Oh and 2 anchors, 3 rod holder's, a new cover in the box and some other goodies. Rows quite well behind my 4 banger ranger.
IMG_20130718_120449.jpg

IMG_20130718_120509.jpg

IMG_20130718_120523.jpg

IMG_20130718_120531.jpg

IMG_20130718_140034.jpg

Thin planks would be period correct I'd think. Great looking boat. What cool old chrome embellished motor are you going to power it with?

I probably wont paint it. Maybe polish some of the trim pieces. Floor will be plank but i'm not sure on the wood yet. I've got some foam rubber made by a local company for flotation. It doesn't absorb water and I've seen pieces that have been outside longer than I've been alive (25 years) and they're still in great shape. It's name is miss jenny but pronounced jennay like forest Gump.

"Rated for 90 hp"

Wow, that seems like a lot for a boat that small and a transom that low. Ya sure got plenty of gas tanks to feed that 90hp though, 7 of em. I predict 62 mph with a 90 on there, 1 tank of gas and you. Gonna be scary though, at least it would for me.

Tim

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

That's wonderful! And great shopping skills!

I've hung up my rehab cap, but that craft might be enough to make me fall off the wagon.

It has just enough of everything to be absolutely tremendous.

Congratulations....and post lots of pictures and project progress.

Just a great buy !

=D> =D> =D>

I probably wont go above 75 hp. I'll probably spend most of its life at 2 mph off a kicker anyways. It is a 20" transom.

Latest posts