got the leds mounted and wired up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semojetman

Reaction score
20131120_173711_zpsb02b8d7f.jpg
4) 50watt led
Cant wait to try em out.
They have to be better than our old lights.

When I make the jump I plan on doing three across the front and one off to each side. It seems a lot of fish get by us when we don't have the side lights. Where did you end up purchasing yours from?

Wow, those look like some SERIOUS LED's! The little yellow square in the center is similar to the LED design of my Nebo flashlight, and that little thing puts out an amazing amount of light for its size (220 lumens at 100% power)

What are these LED's rated for? I'm still using 12V incandescent 50W deck lights for my gigging/bowfishing setup, and would like to use something with less amperage draw. I tried a Taco LED light some time back, its performance was horrible, so, I've stayed with the incandescents.

When you test your new lights out, I'd be interested in seeing a video.

I got them from the "SALESMAN" Rock Damage.
The seem great so far.
As long as it doesnt rain tonight or tomorrow night I should have some updates on their performance after the weekend.

The lights I have are the same specs as yours and work good in clear water. I went 2 weekends ago up here on the upper end of the current and could see in water deeper than I could gig. I have 3 on the front of a 42" boat and I'm happy with their performance, it just needs some sidelights bad. It's so nice not having to listen to the generator.

I may be getting in touch with the 'salesman' about some of those lights soon. Rock damage, do you have a site or other info for these lights?

We tried the flounder for about 2 hours tonight, the water clarity was lousy. We've had some winds the past few days, as well as the usual heavy boat traffic, so, visibility is less than 1 ft. Didn't see any fish, either. Maybe in a couple of days I'll try 'er again. I'm thinking maybe I should just go to the jetties one night, and scrape a bucket of barnacles for chum to lure in the sheepshead and black drum, and do some shooting there, since the water is usually clear being that close to the ocean.

The water is up and nasty right now, so no test run yet but we did set it in the water last night for shits and giggles and they seem very bright and spread out nicely.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335133#p335133 said:
smackdaddy53 » Today, 12:35[/url]"]Warm white or cool white?
Warm whites penetrate better.

Penetrate what better? Dirty water? If so, that's what I need for my area, especially in the summer time when it's really churned up.

PSG-1 said:
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335133#p335133 said:
smackdaddy53 » Today, 12:35[/url]"]Warm white or cool white?
Warm whites penetrate better.

Penetrate what better? Dirty water? If so, that's what I need for my area, especially in the summer time when it's really churned up.
Warm white is yellower so it penetrates better with less reflection. Cool whites suck in any water clarity because of glare. Trust me!

Green work great under water but I think warm white is pretty much the optimum above water light for floundering and bowfishing. I designed some leds for Oznium and do quite a bit of floundering on foot, not much by boat but have shot my share of gar and carp off a boat.
This is an old thread but it looks great.

Yea rodger that old post thing. Just searched lights... Got one light as of now, looking for more & better options...

Latest posts