gps info wanted

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motfua

Reaction score
I'm probably asking for repeated info, if so, i appologize ahead of time.
I want to get a gps or a gps/fish finder combo.
Id like to keep it around $200 or less.
Im interested in what you fellows use, and are you satisfied with your units.
Also I have 2 boats, so I'd like to be able to transfer back and forth.
been leaning toward a handheld, but not sure if they're any good.
This will be used for fishing salt and fresh water
thanks
tom

I have the fishin buddy 140c, and I have to say its features and portability are excellent...I mean the darn thing comes with side imagining that is actually functional. And if you dont cheap out on AA batteries and get lithium ones, or rechargeables, they LAST!

TheMaestro said:
I have the fishin buddy 140c, and I have to say its features and portability are excellent...I mean the darn thing comes with side imagining that is actually functional. And if you dont cheap out on AA batteries and get lithium ones, or rechargeables, they LAST!
And if you reconfigure it to run off of 12v, you can do away with the AA's completely and just use your boats battery.

Back to the original question about a GPS. If your main concern is just the GPS, then you need to decide if you need or would want it for something other than your fishing. If the answer to that is yes, then you might consider one of the hand held GPS units that would allow you to use for fishing, hunting, hiking, or what ever. There are several out there for less than your $200 budget. If it's just for fishing, you might want to consider the one muskiemike suggested. I wasn't aware of that one but that's a great price for a fish finder/gps in one. On the side of caution though, I would read a few reviews on it before I purchased it since it's a new product.

Latest posts