Green Submersible fishing lights...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyBye

Reaction score
Anyone ever used green "Reel-Lites" (or any other brand) for Crappie fishing? If so, what size did you get and was it enough to do the job?

I'm looking into getting one for some night crappie fishing but a bit overwhelmed with the size/price/brightness options available.

Any insight from anyone using them would be appreciated.

I have and still do use them and yes they do attract fish (I am not a crappie fisherman) but they do work and do not see why they would not work for crappie. You can find them for around $30. You don't did a large one I think my current light is about 10" and it works great.

have no 1st hand experience with them but check out crappiedotcom and search for 'em. they are a sponsor on that site, some good/positive comments about 'em. No, I'm not associated with the lights either.

I've used one of the 2' long green flourescent underwater lights for years on Gaston and that things is pretty cool. It lights up a pretty sizeable area, even when the visibility isn't very good. It was only $30, so not much of an investment. I didn't use it for crappie though, so I can't comment there, sorry. But if you were ever looking for gar and baitfish, I know it definitely brings them in! :D

I use the lights for crappie in the summer time. I use a white light, but see others using the green ones.

Do they work? IMHO, the light attracts the bait fish, which draws the larger ones in, so yes.

Heres a link to one that is in the $30 range

https://www.opticsplanet.net/brinkmann-outdoor-q-beam-green-fluorescent-under-water-fishing-light.html

I just made one of these lights,, winter project, havn't got a chance to use it yet.
cost about $70
The bulb is 4' long!!!!! It's a monster.

Here's a link to the website that showed how to make it....
https://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=644744

Read into this you can get smaller ballisters and bulbs to make cheaper/ shorter versions...

Lights definitely work to attract the baitfish...larger fish hang on the outer edge of the light in the dark and take advantage of bait in the light.....just be sure to check to see if it is LEGAL to use.....some states outlaw the use of lights for fishing !

I just seen a green one of these over weekend in bargain bin at local sporting goods store. think they had it at $12 maybe I should go get it

Latest posts