Harrell's Mill Pond, VA

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
Finally got out to do some fishing today. It was the first time in quite a while. Went to a private pond that my girlfriend's brother-in-law is a member of. The weather today was a little all over the place. Started off cold with the cold front coming in late last night. Started raining not long after we got there, and then turned out beautiful. We got over 20 bass and several pike. The bass weren't big, but we were catching 2 lbers for the most part. I used a lot of baits, but caught all 13+ of my fish (yeah I caught many more than he did) on one lure. Its a Rick Clunn ETI Orion 4 in caramel sundae. It is the only one that either of us have and we can't find them anymore. It was incredible that I caught all the fish on the same bait and the fact that I didn't lose it is amazing. Here are a few pics from our day. We fished from 7am to about 630pm. Water temps ranged from 68 in the am to 73. Max depth @9ft in a 175 acre lake.

By the way if anyone has any of the Rick Clunn Orion baits in the caramel sundae (brown) color I would be willing to pay you for them. For the last several years this bait works like none other I have seen anywhere.

Harrells 1st fish.jpg
Johns 1st Harrells.jpg
Rain Fish.jpg
Johns late fish.jpg
Harrells late afternoon.jpg

Hey cavman138,nice fish.
Tell me, is this a pay lake?Where in Suffolk is it located?Only way to fish it with land owners permission?
thanks,
DanD

batman said:
Hey cavman138,nice fish.
Tell me, is this a pay lake?Where in Suffolk is it located?Only way to fish it with land owners permission?
thanks,
DanD

Dan, actually this lake is out near Emporia and the only way to fish it is with a member of the lake. I can't even go out by myself with permission.

fish devil said:
:twisted: Congrats. =D> Great report. How deep does the crankbait run?

FD, I was using the series 4 which runs 2-3 feet deep. The series 5 has worked well in the past and it runs 4-5 feet deep.

Latest posts