Here it is!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I just got back from a weekend at the lake.
It was a blast up untill today. It got crowded and choppy and the wind kicked up. Oh, the trolling motor also busted just from bouncing
on the water.

bryce019.jpg

bryce014.jpg

bryce018.jpg

bryce020.jpg

bryce016.jpg

WOW! That is a sharp looking boat! Love the motor, and the 3 across seating!

What happened with the trolling motor? What are you going to do? Is that covered under some type of warranty?

I took the TM back today and my salesman felt so bad that he upgraded me to a Wireless MG with a transducer and a temp sensor built in. I looked it up when I got home and they sell it for 750 bucks! Thats two hundred more than the one that broke. I figured he would say "oh well we will send it in for a warranty claim and call you when it comes back" boy was I wrong. I think I made out ok. :D

Sweet! Do you strap it down with the strap when you make long runs? For me it makes no difference. With the whopping 25 hp 4stroke, you cant go fast enough to do any damage :D

MG has an awesome warranty. A buddy of mine went through 1 a year for a couple of years, and every time he would call them, they would send him a new comparible if not better model. And they never asked for the old one back...

No I don't strap it it just sits in the cradle like this....

bryce.jpg

Maybe I will from now on though.

Ive never seen that cradle. Is that designed to hold it in place for runs up and down the water or when traveling on the trailer? Did your Motorguide come with a strap for the shaft?

Nope it came as you see it. No strap or nothing. I looked on the MotorGuide website and it is the same way. I thought the dealer installed it wrong, maybe its just not a good design. :?

BRYCE said:
Nope it came as you see it. No strap or nothing. I looked on the MotorGuide website and it is the same way. I thought the dealer installed it wrong, maybe its just not a good design. :?

Bryce,
To be honest that looks like a much better design than the cheesy velcro strap that I have (and forget to strap over the trolling motor at times). That clamp system looks like it locks the TM in place. Is that a lever type thing on top of the TM?

I just saw the video at the bottom on stow and deploy.
It is called the cradle lock mount and was desinged for rough water

Cradle Lock™ Mount is exclusive to MotorGuide's Wireless Series and is designed to stand up to the pounding of rough-water runs. With a small footprint, the Cradle Lock comes standard with a quick-release, lockable mounting plate that fits virtually any boat.

https://sites.mercurymarine.com/portal/page?_pageid=125,56450&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

That is a nice setup man! Did you get the little keychain thingy. I love toys! :mrgreen:

Don't get me wrong I like it too. I just got a bad taste in my mouth from the first time out breakage. I hope the new one I got will be better.

I am looking for the key chain thingy, the dealer was out of them. I may have to order it. I can't wait to mess with people with it.

Latest posts