Holes forming in Transom (pictures)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zum said:
I will say I'm glad they are doing something for you.
I can't believe a boat those sizes listed will only handle a 20hp?
Don't know what to tell you there,thought Lund was a quality boat.

Did you mean Lowe? Or were you suggesting that Lund is a quality boat I could look at? I had a lund once and it seemed very nice. But they are harder to find in the South that brands like lowe or alumacraft.

CarlF said:
If you decide to take a refund, check out the MirroCraft 14 Deep Fisherman 3654.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.

EDIT: I just looked at the mirrocraft, very nice boat, but no dealers anywhere near me.

lowe1462 said:
Zum said:
I will say I'm glad they are doing something for you.
I can't believe a boat those sizes listed will only handle a 20hp?
Don't know what to tell you there,thought Lund was a quality boat.

Did you mean Lowe? Or were you suggesting that Lund is a quality boat I could look at? I had a lund once and it seemed very nice. But they are harder to find in the South that brands like lowe or alumacraft.
Sorry,my fault was thinking Lund :oops:
They are quality boats but there are many others as well.Does that dealer sell another brand boat?If they give you good service that might be a good place to deal with.

The dealer also carries alumacraft, but their V-hull 14ft. only takes 20hp and the 16ft has a 20in. transom.

I have to give them credit, they have been excellent to deal with throughout this whole situation. If possible I would certainly do business with them again.

They actually carry several other boat lines, but none with the v-hull like I want.

Also check out the Starcraft 1415 under thier utilities section.
https://www.starcraftmarine.com/Sho...sId=136&Type=Aluminum&Series=Jons & Utilities
you need to download the catalog to get full specs. Nice boats, I just found them today. Last time I looked I didnt see the utilities, but went back for a look & found them today.

If I get the MirroCraft, I will be going to Pennsylvania to get it. But I will visit my brother & sisters while I am there & tow it back.

MikeA57 said:
Have you found out anything lowe1462?

Well I decided to take the refund for the Lowe hull and I purchased a 14ft Legend widebody. Lowe just doesn't make anything similar to what I had anymore.

It really does. If I had known a week after I joined my boat would fall apart, I would have put more thought into my username.LOL

I was your first boat?
You had one(lowe),the name will fit 4ever.
Is it a boat like this?
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/14-ft-wide-body-fishing-boat-legend-starcraft-G3-lowe_W0QQitemZ160332342605QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090502?IMSfp=TL0905021110003r31096

Zum said:
I was your first boat?
You had one(lowe),the name will fit 4ever.
Is it a boat like this?
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/14-ft-wide-body-fishing-boat-legend-starcraft-G3-lowe_W0QQitemZ160332342605QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090502?IMSfp=TL0905021110003r31096

Yep, I think the legend will be a good boat for me. The aluminum is twice as think as the lowe, and it is a true "v-hull" instead of being flat at the back like the 1462.

Picked up my boat yesterday and this afternoon I took it out for its maiden voyage! It has surpassed all of my expectations. I can't say enough about how pleased I am with it. It is Well built, and rides better because it is a true v-hull all the way to the back. I also find the split bench seating in the back to be more comfortable for me.

I forgot to take the GPS with me this time, but with four people it felt the same as the other boat with the same load. But it was more comfortable because of the added room. This boat is a little wider and longer.

It only cost me $149 to update to a brand new boat and trailer, so I am very pleased with that. This boat seems to be a better fit for my style of boating anyways.

I took a few pictures today, but there will be many more to come.

Thanks again for those of you who tried to help me solve to weird problems on the Lowe.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 447
  • legend small.jpg
    legend small.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 449
Glad your happy with the new boat and trailer.
Whats the red thing on the starboard side?

Zum said:
Glad your happy with the new boat and trailer.
Whats the red thing on the starboard side?

In which picture? In the bottom picture its just part of the background at the gas station. In the top you might be seeing the red rope I was using to tie on the bumper.

That guard rail or whetever it is in the second pic lines up perfectly with your oarlock. I figured it was some newfangled boat fender bracket based on the first pic.

I am glad that I didn't make a guess when I first read Zum's post. :lol:

Where did you find the Legend?
New or Used?
I cant seem to find a dealer locator for them. I'd like to add them to my short list.
Thanks!

CarlF said:
Where did you find the Legend?
New or Used?
I cant seem to find a dealer locator for them. I'd like to add them to my short list.
Thanks!

I bought it new it is a leftover 2007. They are mainly sold in Canada so that is why they can be hard to find in the USA. I had to go to Indiana to get mine from Clarks Landing Marina in Hamilton. They said they like to buy up leftover legends from canada so they might have some more in stock. Its a first class dealer with great people so i would recommend you give them a call if you are interested. They might be able to ship something to you.

Clarks Landing also carries Ultra Craft that makes a 14 Canadien which looks to be the same as the legend I bought. Possibly the American Version? Maybe someone can confirm that.

Link for Ultra Craft: https://www.mistyharborboats.com/view/43

Good Luck with your search.