Holes forming in Transom (pictures)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input & the links.
I dont mind making a road trip to get a hull if the one I want!
From the looks of your pics, it appears that your new ride has a pretty shallow draft, even with the 4 stroke 25 on the back.
How much water do you think she floats in?

I don't know for sure yet, I've only had it out twice but I would say at rest with the motor trimmed up maybe 4-6 inches. It is fairly wide so it spreads out the load. In shallow water drive with a properly balanced load maybe 12-14 inches.

This hull does have the true "v" so I don't know if that will hurt it at all. In all other aspects I like the v-hull way more that the "semi-v" of the lowe 1462. Plus this hull is rated for a 30hp so i can increase the power when I want to update the motor.

I don't know what your motor situation is now, but they do make this in both a long and short shaft version. If I was doing it all over again I would get a long shaft motor and take the increased height on the transom. Not that there are any problems with my current set up its way more seaworthy than my last boat, which was in the ocean frequently.

Keep us posted on your search.

Also note in that picture I had the gas tank in the back which would add some weight. You could move that forward to level the boat out.